Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam.
Required skills and competences:
- Currently a student of a culinary education
- Service-oriented and hospitable attitude
- Passion for food
- Love to work with high quality and fresh products
- Able to deal with stressful situations
- Fluent in English
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Kitchen we are currently having an apprenticeship available: the best ingredient for your career! We offer a well-organized apprenticeship with the opportunity to gain experience in a multicultural environment. During your exciting yet also challenging apprenticeship we will guide and assist you with our knowledge and experiences. Within this internship your main tasks will be:
- Support the kitchen team in preparing dishes for our guests
- Responsible for your own tasks within the kitchen, from cleaning to mise-en-place
- Work in alignment with HACCP guidelines and ensure cleanliness in all areas of the department
- Following trainings and workshops including e-learnings
- Quality assurance
- Safety assurance
- Excellent knowledge about the latest trends in Food & Beverage and in Italian food in special