Field Application Engineer (Ingolstadt, Germany)
The Field Application Engineer is responsible for the local support at the site of one of our customers in Germany. Your main task is to support the customer manufacturing with the introduction of our (new) display products. You will monitor and closely work together with engineering on product testing and release processes. Also you will analyze and solve non-functionalities in our products and customer applications. You make proposals to improve product design. You take the lead in setting up and running local support activities. You act as ‘listening post’ for our business and technology roadmap information and propose actions to improve our organization and way of working as OEM supplier. The Field Application Engineer will also travel regularly to the European Headquarter in Heerlen and a couple of times per year to Asia.
It’s a challenging, independent position where you are the technical ambassador for our company.
- Will locally support our product development work on site at Audi;
- Analyses and solves non-functionalities in our products and customer application;
- Makes proposals to improve product hardware and software;
- Will closely monitor and work together with Audi engineering on the product testing and release processes;
- Additionally supports the communication between Audi and INX on all technical aspects by being present on site at Audi. The Field Application Engineer will also travel regularly between the Audi site and the site in Heerlen;
- Takes the lead on setting up and run local support activities;
- Act as ‘listening post‘ for our business and technology roadmap information at Audi;
- Proposes actions to improve our organization and way of working as OEM supplier.
- Bsc or Msc degree in Electrics/Mechanics/Optics or equivalent required
- Mechanical development background metal & plastics; some understanding of electronic hardware and software is a plus
- Preferably experience in Automotive development and/or Automotive production.
- 3+ years of experience in LCD industry is a must;
- Provide positive and responsive service to key agents and distribution for technical questions and issues;
- Excellent communication skills required;
- Fluently spoken German and English language;
- Establish and maintain current and potential client relationships;
- Able to communicate to people of different levels within the organization;
- Broad interest in technical area, must be able to cover mechanical and display items as well;
- Pre: Electronic background hardware and software;
- Experience in Automotive development;
- 3+ years of customer interfacing experience;
- Prepare presentations and proposals for customized products and solutions;
- Facilitate follow up with customer engineers to obtain and review testing results;
- Proven problem solving expertise;
- Ability and experience in successfully supporting business opportunities/projects through cross-functional teams (supporting development, execution, managing schedules, and driving internal communication);
- Highly motivated, self-confident individual of the highest integrity who possesses a wide range of knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Results oriented individual with a strong desire for personal and professional success.
- All-round person, hands-on approach
- Stress resistant
- Willing to travel frequently
- Clear and straight forward reporting