Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the SMB / Partner Development Manager will include :
• Working effectively cross functionally in the organization with the Operations, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Product and other functions,
• Taking responsibility for the acquisition and growth of Small and Medium business across the region, as well as for the definition and execution of the Channel partner’s strategy for the region,
• Orchestrating efforts to drive SMB acquisition, growth in Total Payment Volume (TPV) and Share of Checkout (SOC) in SMB, through partners, while ensuring unparalleled service levels, focusing on building and maintaining long-term and profitable relationships with partners and customers.
What does Success Look Like?
- You will understand and monitor the e-commerce market across region and, consequently, suggest new initiatives to respond to changes in these markets.
- You will actively participate in SMB acquisition and growth strategy definition and execution through different channels: Partners, Telesales, Marketing, etc.
- You have created and owned go to market segmentation of both SMBs and Partners, including:
- Building analytical landscape of channel Partners and SMB landscape across the Region
- Identificating key business needs of different types, sizes, country specificity, etc. in coordination with Marketing, PR and other Functions
- Creating a clear and compelling formulation of value proposition for SMB merchants
- You have participated in the execution of the channel partners strategy to acquire small & medium merchants:
- You have planned development and roll out of the partner program platform
- You have established guidelines for long tail partners initiatives, follow up and ROI calculation
- You are influencing the developers/Web Agency community
- You are an inclusive and a respected leader because of supporting partners in specific co-marketing actions (launch of newsletters, promotions, etc.) and sponsorship or participation in events organized by the e-commerce partners.
- You support active business development: close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations and setting up performance tracking capabilities
- BA / BA required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of +8 years of experience with and a strong track record in business development (B2B) and project management around new technologies
- Payment /eCommerce industry experience is a strong plus
- Results oriented, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure
- Fluent in Dutch and English
You Might Also Have:
- Strong analytical, prioritization, modelling & reporting skills on business metrics, Excel proficiency
- Ability to work & lead cross-functionally: Marketing, Product, Sales, Operations, Legal, Risk etc. Experience in matrix organization is a plus
- Strong negotiating skills, relationship management and entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding of PayPal’s value proposition
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.