In this position, as expert on sensory science, you are responsible for sensory testing in every phase of our development projects, from sensory analysis of existing products towards testing concepts and setting up sensory specifications for new ingredients of Olam Cocoa. You will work closely with Plant Science, R&D and PD&I towards the development of new cocoa ingredients and applications. You will also be supporting processing sites for trouble shooting on sensory deviations and local sensory panel performance for quality control.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Functions as subject matter expert on sensory science, conducting projects for Plant Science, Research and Development
- Designs sensory methodologies in support of product optimization and innovation for ingredients and consumer products
- Coordinates the execution of sensory trials and manages the preparation of resources
- Works in a laboratory setting, with a hands-on approach
- Communicates observations and suggests next steps in the product development phase
- Analyzes the data and provides feedback to appropriate team members, including but not limited to product development, marketing, foodservice and market research. Reports findings and provides recommendations to team members
- Provides training to internal sensory panels for sensory testing dedicated to development projects
- Assists in the development of standardized practices, protocols and processes to help align sensory analysis across the organization
- Monitoring performance of sensory panels
- Main point of contact for customers on sensory activities and methodologies
Over de werkgever
Wat wij bieden
For this position, we are looking for a candidate who:
- MSc in Sensory Science or equivalent
- Sensory specialist with 2+ years' experience in ingredient and/or product sensory analysis
- Aptitude for mathematics and statistics (SPSS, Stat graphics, Unscrambler)
- Initiative to improve and develop sensory capabilities independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate details both verbally and written
- Excellent team player with a positive can-do attitude and ability to partner with various teams within the organization to provide insight
Are you the Sensory Technologist we are looking for?
If you are interested in this role and connect to the aforementioned profile, we will be pleased to see your application and CV via the application form. For more information about the vacancy you can contact us via + 3188-5678 323.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist