Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
Our ambition is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online at the lowest possible prices. How do we get there? What does it take to solve our customers’ everyday online shopping problems? Do our customers find what they are looking for? If they find what they are looking for, is it competitively priced? And if they find what they are looking for a competitive price, can it be delivered fast enough? In today’s ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, how do we make sure that people across the globe can still get essential goods delivered to their homes as fast as possible? How do we reach people who are not native English speakers when there are over 7000 languages spoken in the world? How do we facilitate a seamless payment experience when there are over 180 currencies used in the world with diverse payment methods? How do we solve problems for people who have different shopping behaviours from our regular amazon.com shoppers?
Amazon’s International Expansion team owns defining and delivering Amazon’s cutting-edge initiatives to customers and cultures across Europe. We do this by developing our own customer-facing features, services and platforms based on custom European needs, and through partnerships with Amazon technical teams around the world. You will build a global yet localized experience for our customers worldwide and help Amazon grow to the next 1 billion customers.
We are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and accomplished Senior UX Designer to help differentiate and enhance our customer experience. Leveraging an obsession and expertise in visual and user experience design, the candidate will lead the creation of innovative, beautiful shopping experiences. He/she will have a dedicated partnership with agile development teams focused on leveraging customer passion to help shoppers across new Amazon footprint countries. Because the scope of this position will extend across a number of features, the ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design is imperative. The right candidate will have a vision for the future of e-commerce and a willingness to do things differently.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
· Deliver high quality creative products while insisting on high standards
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for customers, imparting day-to-day strategic design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values
· Partner with internal teams to ensure the customer experience achieves goals in an inspirational way
· Translate merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution, driving the process from concept to final creative execution
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define feature requirements via empirical online data, usability findings, market research, and proven UCD principles
· Provide thought leadership in architecting short- and long-term visions for the fashion-buying experience
· Develop wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
The ideal candidate for this role will be customer-obsessed with the capability to dive in and learn new things fast and who is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and an analytical problem solver.
Expect to get involved in supporting new projects and initiatives and help building plans for the future. We need someone who is eager to learn with us as we change the future of eCommerce.
· Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Visual Communications/Advertising/Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 8+ years in relative field with retail experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Customer obsession and a passion for creative experimentation in the digital landscape
· Strong concept development and excellent design sensibility
· Relentless desire for innovation and newness
· Desire and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, and to effectively lead work on multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines
· Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts
· Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
· Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Bridge
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions
· Retail/E-commerce design experience in a global context
· A strong understanding of high-end, stylish design
· Mastery of the principals of design, color theory, and graphics file creation optimized for the web
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.