Transportation Specialist - English - Amsterdam
The primary responsibility of the Transportation Specialist (TS) is to create deliveries based on orders, consolidate deliveries into shipments, coordinate with logistic service providers to deliver hazardous materials in accordance with dangerous good regulations (IATA, IMDG, ADR) and ensure that the freight cost is correctly accrued in SAP.
The Transportation Specialist is accountable for delivery, shipment creation, carrier selection for ground, ocean and air shipments, all shipping document creation, freight cost accruals, import clearing and warehouse receipt of sea and air inbound shipments in Europe. Regularly interfaces with Material Planners, Customer Service, Quality, third party vendors and 3PL personnel.
- Create deliveries and shipments based on sales and stock transport orders for domestic and international shipments.
- Ensure all deliveries meet customer demands.
- Ensures freight cost accruals in a timely manner following our shipment cost document process
- Be able to interface directly with manufacturing plant, distribution center and third party warehouse personnel in coordinating inbound as well as outbound shipments. Ensure direction is followed and all shipments are in compliance with ADR, IMDG, IATA and CTPAT requirements including countries with documented, licensable products.
- Function as the facility or area Supply Chain point of contact for Customer Service, Material Planners, Supply Chain Business Managers or Sales to process requests to expedite or change shipments.
- Work with Customer Service & Material Planners to select realistic order fulfillment promise dates.
- Responsible for input of information to the following reports: On-Time Delivery in Fulfillment(OTIF), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), OSAP shipment data.
- Responsible sending out Late Order Notifications (LONs) when product is unavailable to ship on time.
- Determines correct batch selection in FIFO and sequential FIFO ensuring products delivered meet customer requirements while and to minimize cost while balancing inventory carrying cost and on-time commitments.
- Coordinates and communicates shipments with outside vendors such as freight forwarders, brokers, steamship lines, third party product suppliers, raw material suppliers, and common carriers.
- Comply with all aspects of the expedited shipment procedure.
- Ensure all applicable required regulatory and procedure training is always current.
- Experience using an ERP/SAP system with sales and distribution modules.
- Proficient in MS Applications
- Understanding of cost impact of decisions
- Works well with others, good listening/communication skills
- 3-5 Years logistics or International trade experience with European Road Transportation requirements (ADR) and International Import / Export shipping of dangerous goods, per IATA and IMDG.
- Certification in IMDG / IATA / DG is preferred.
- Working knowledge in SAP is preferred.
Diploma/BS/BA in Supply Chain / Logistics Management is preferred.
It is important to be business fluent in English.
Logistics, International trade, shipping of dangerous goods (compliance with IATA and IMDG), SAP
Wat wij bieden
€ 1,- tot € 11,-