Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam.
- You show similar work experience in luxury hotels and/or restaurants
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a Japanese Restaurant, have sufficient knowledge of Japanese dishes and menus
- You have relevant job-related education
- You employ demonstrable leading skills
- You have a flexible work attitude with regards to work shifts
- Working in a team gives you energy and you can put feedback from Management and team members well into practise
- Knowledge of the Japanese culture and customs is mandatory for this position
- You are fluent in English, both orally and written
- The ability to speak Japanese and Dutch is not a requirement, but an advantage
· Customer/Guest Focus
· Planning & Organizing
· Results Oriented
· Coaching & Motivating
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Service Manager Yamazato Restaurant
We are looking for a fulltime Service Manager for our traditional Japanese Kaiseki Restaurant Yamazato. The Restaurant is awarded with a Michelin star and ranks amongst the top Japanese restaurants in Europe.
As Service Manager you are supervising and coordinating all activies concerning Yamazato Restaurant. You work together with two Assistant Service Manager and four Supervisor. From checking daily operations over complaint handling to improving efficiency within the team, you are capable of coordinating different projects and know how to communicate well on all levels of staff.
Yamazato Restaurant is opened daily for dinner from 6.00 until 9.30 pm. On Saturday and Sunday it is also open for lunch from noon to 2.00 pm. The team of our Yamazato Restaurant consists of approximately 30 colleagues, including 25 Japanese colleagues. The Yamazato kitchen team is comprised of 25 Japanese members. Your working times are flexible within a 38 hour week, during 5 days a week.
Are you interested in working in an international team and developing yourself in the largest F&B hotel of the Netherlands?
Then please contact us!
Tasks and responsibilities
· Check daily operations
· Introduction of new staff
· Responsible for good relationship with regular guests
· Key person in the outlet to handle complaints and resolve them on the spot
· Together with Purchase responsible for proper ordering and maintenance of stock
· Needs to maintain good relationship with Kitchen team and on regular base evaluate and improve work
· Together with Executive Chef responsible for profit and revenue of restaurant, aiming for good balance and achieving yearly budget
· Key person to bring across unique Japanese culture and traditions to both guests and team members
· Responsible to coordinate yearly returning events
· Planning ahead, working together with HR and making sure that staffing level are up to par
· Give instructions to assistant service managers, supervisors and other employees
· Coordinates and manages timing of service and event flow with back of the house and guests
· Assists in developing customer relations, handling requests, comments and complaints
· Attend weekly F&B meetings