Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam.
Required skills and competences
- Service oriented
- Hospitable attitude
- Positive and friendly attitude towards our guests and fellow Team Members.
- Fair and polite to his / her colleagues and Team Members; creates and maintains a trustful relationship
- Representative appearance
- Great eye for detail
- Flexible in working morning, afternoon and evening shifts (both weekdays as weekends)
- Strong organizer and planner
- Minimum of one year relevant (Banqueting) Supervisor experience
- A Hotel or Tourism education is a preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Banqueting Department we are currently looking for an Event Operations Supervisor on a fulltime base. Within this position, your main tasks will be:
- Providing an excellent service to meet and exceed guest expectations
- To deal with any guest complaint and to ensure that the Banqueting Manager is informed of any complaints, including actions taken
- Being responsible for the opening and closing of the shift in the Banqueting department
- Being responsible for the smooth operation of all the banqueting (conferences, meetings and events) activities (up to 500 guests)
- To be the main point of contact (operationally) between the organisers or meeting planners of an event and the Banqueting Manager
- To brief and debrief Banqueting Team Members before and after a conference, meeting or event
- Communicating with all departments involved regarding the events taking place in the hotel
- Guiding and supervising Team Members in the department according to the Hilton Standards in order to guarantee a consistent five-star service before, during and after each event
- Guiding and supervising Team Members in the department according to the Hilton Standards during the setup of an event
- Promoting additional sales during events and encouraging other Team Members to make additional sales by providing on the job training
- Establishing and maintaining par levels in the department
- Ordering all goods and equipment required to ensure a successful operation in cooperation with the Banqueting Manager
- Checking expiration date food items and using FIFO system
- Controlling costs within the department in cooperation with the Banqueting Manager
- Acquiring an overview of the development and training needs of Team Members in the department and provide support to professionally and personally develop themselves
- To maintain standards and improve service & departmental offerings by on the job trainings
- To follow trainings as required by the Banqueting Manager and the demand of the business, including periodic fire and safety trainings, BHV and HACCP
- Closing the financials for the day by making use of Micros