The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries. For the base engine group we have an open position for a mechanical expert.
In this function you report to the supervisor of the base engine group.
As a mechanical expert you have a variety of responsibilities:
• Technical level: In cooperation with designers and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing Constructions for the Base Engine platforms by market wishes and / or technical reasons. Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with suppliers, the CAE and engine test department. You analyse results and make detailed technical proposals. You pro actively pushing the next steps until SOP, including involvement in PPAP and supplier sign off.
• Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
• Bachelor or master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
• Capable of fast in dept expertise knowledge built-up
• Engine component and system knowledge
• Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress.
• Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
• Experience with casted components is a pre
• Clear level dependant communication [both verbal as presentation wise]
• pro active and result driven, organisational skills
• Projectmatig werken
• Automotive [Engine Hardware] knowledge is a Pre