Back to search results
Previous jobNext job
Established in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch start-up to the third largest ecommerce company in the world. Booking.com is the largest business within Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) and accounts for the vast majority of Booking Holdings’ total revenue. Booking Holdings is a leading Fortune 500 e-commerce conglomerate with a market cap of approximately $80 billion and revenues of $12.7 billion (2018). Booking.com currently employs more than 17,000 employees in 214 offices in 70 countries worldwide.
With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel. Booking.com connects travellers with the world’s largest selection of incredible places to stay, including everything from apartments, vacation homes, and family-run B&Bs to 5-star luxury resorts and even tree houses. The Booking.com website and mobile apps are available in over 40 languages, offer more than 28,984,513 total reported listings, and cover 142,259 destinations in 229 countries worldwide. Each day, more than 1,550,000 room nights are reserved on its platform. So whether travelling for business or leisure, customers can instantly book their ideal accommodation quickly and easily, without booking fees and backed up by its promise to price match. Via the customer experience team, customers can reach Booking.com 24/7 for assistance and support in over 40 languages, any time of the day or night.
At Booking.com, we are all involved in making hundreds of decisions every day. The decisions we make are a reflection of our Values - they reflect what is important to us, both as individuals and as an organisation.
When we use our Values to make decisions, we make a deliberate choice to focus on what is important. When Values are made explicit, they provide clarity on what “good” looks like. And when they are shared, they build unity in a group. They build culture.
- Think customer first. We obsess about adding value for our customers - guests, partners, colleagues - to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
- Own it. We deliver on our promises, make informed decisions and prioritiseto get the important things done today.
- Learn forever. We are resilient, take time to reflect, and seek to learn – from colleagues, from the outside world and from our failures.
- Succeed together.We celebrate team success, through making connections, building trust and valuing the diverse perspectives of others.
- Do the right thing. We get the right results the right way. For each other, our communities and the world around us.
Booking.com Leadership Team
Chief Executive Officer, Glenn Fogel
SVP, Chief Finance Officer, Sue D’Emic (Interim)
SVP, Chief Marketing Officer, Arjan Dijk
SVP, Chief Technology Officer, Matt Swann
SVP, Chief Legal Officer, Maria Barros
SVP, Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano
SVP, Commercial Operations, James Waters
Principal Recruiter - Payments
The Principal Recruiter is a high-impact, talent acquisition strategist to a specific business unit or function. The role partners with senior leaders (Sr Director to VP/SVP), to advise on long-term talent acquisition programmes and initiatives which are highly complex with significant impact to the goals and objectives of the business unit or function.
This will require you to influence across both senior tech and People (HR) teams, including COE counterparts (but not limited to) Total Rewards and Organisation and Employee Success but also setting the benchmark for operational excellence in execution across the Talent Acquisition organisation.
The Principal Recruiter is a dynamic strategist focused on driving growth and organisational change/design to Talent Acquisition programs, strategy and execution.
This role will require strong leadership traits including the ability to build relationships, lead through strategic problem-solving, first-class communicating skills and the ability to repeatedly maintain a high-bar for operational excellence.
Reports to: Global Recruitment Manager
Stakeholder partnering with: Sr Director, VP, SVP of Business Unit/Department
- Own relationship and partner with S/VP and department leadership team on to deliver and connect talent acquisition strategy with BU objectives
- Contribute to commercial and operational business discussions with stakeholders regarding talent segment & talent acquisition strategy
- Develop scalable, high-impact talent acquisition strategies to support Senior leaders and business units or functions
- Operate as a key business partner on critical talent searches across both technical and non-technical roles
- Craft, deliver and execute creative talent sourcing and recruiting campaigns that scale for attracting diverse talent
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape, including compensation and employment brand trends, using multiple data-points to effect key talent acquisition decisions. Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the Global TA organisation by providing education on industries and talent pools/profiles
- Conduct research to map target companies and top talent, and build out talent networks to develop an ongoing talent pipeline for high priority needs
- Position himself/herself as a high-value strategist to Senior leaders, playing a key role in leadership team meetings, the annual planning processes and developing effective reporting\communication framework
- Consult with key stakeholders on key issues such as role creation, succession planning, regional tax implications, immigration, etc in partnership with Finance, Compensation, People, Tax and Legal where appropriate
- Building out talent networks in certain functions/industries and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an initial pool of candidates
- 10+ years of Corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive candidate generation in the Tech, Engineering, e-Commerce and Consumer markets
- 5+ years of experience advising and influencing executive leadership
- Excellent communication skills, including, influencing, coaching and mentoring.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and follow-through with a passion for consistently maintaining high standards
- Stellar organisational skills and possessing the ability to quickly prioritise various top priorities, self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think conceptually
- Executive presence with a business mindset and deep knowledge of complex business operating models, terms and metrics
- Experience working in both small and large technology companies
- An advocate for flawless recruiting, consistently maintaining minimal margin for error and championing talent as a critical foundation for the organisation
CRITICAL SKILLS + SCOPE CAPABILITIES:
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Deliver against hiring targets in sourcing & recruiting top talent into business
- Demonstrate strong market intelligence awareness on talent segment + competitors
- Able to establish relationships and enhance the levels of cooperation, collaboration, and trust that exist with stakeholders, peers and candidates.
- Proactive + solution oriented in approach to engage and attract talent - delivery & candidate experience 1st!
- Humble yet confident, with high self-awareness
- A strategic thinker yet focused on execution; able to roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Sound judgment when working through complex issues and when handling confidential information
- Highly articulate, able to convey complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner