Group Product Manager - Data Services
Back to search results
Previous jobNext job
Booking.com is one of the world’s largest and most successful e-commerce services, and requires a world class infrastructure platform for its products and services.
As a Group Product Manager for our Data Streaming Services group you are responsible for providing world class Streaming Solutions, both on-premise and on public cloud, to our infrastructure and product development teams. There is a growth potential to play a role in the wider Data Services space, to ensure secure, reliable storage of data and application services to our business and infrastructure teams. Our Data Services currently cover technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch and we plan to expand this with complementary cloud database technologies.
Our vision is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. Wherever our customers go and whatever they do, they book it with us. With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million + accommodations worldwide, our daily mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere.
- You take full end to end responsibility for your product.
- Develop and own the long-term product vision and inspire your teams and Product Managers to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively.
- Identify platform opportunities and establish a strategy and roadmap to make the vision a reality.
- Support Product Managers in translating customer insights, company direction, industry developments into teams’ long- and short term priorities.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and develop product requirements.
- Because your opinion is data-driven, you will define key business and success metrics, track them, and improve upon them.
- Benchmark our platform infrastructure against industry standards and competitors for cost, innovation, and operational excellence.
- Drive the customer experience, continually raising the bar on quality, functionality and usability.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
- 6+ years of experience in a Product Management, Engineering or Technology Strategy role.
- Experience in managing distributed infrastructure systems at scale, familiarity with Event Streaming and Processing and knowledge of public cloud technologies are strongly beneficial.
- Experience with managing and coaching teams of Product Managers as direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills - Being able to both communicate effectively both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Strong analytical skills - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong organisational and project management skills - Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, external customers).
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
What’s in it for you?
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, regularhackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist