Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
ING is looking for an Intern
For a work-along internship at the Transaction Services/Trade Finance Services team of Financial Institutions (“FI TFS”). The internship will be in Amsterdam for a minimum period of 6 months.
FI TFS is part of ING Wholesale Banking, Financial Institutions. The team in Amsterdam has a leading position in providing risk mitigation and financing of international trade. Our counterparties are for the majority foreign banks, and ultimate clients are exporting and importing corporate clients of ING Bank. Key words for our department are diversity, accuracy mixed with creativity, and complexity; making this an environment particularly suited for internationally minded team players with organizational skills, eye for detail and entrepreneurial/commercial drive combined with an ability to perform under tight deadlines.
1. Processing/pricing of the trade finance transactions
• Handles flow trade finance transactions (i.e. letters of credit/stand-by letters of credit/guarantees, etc) presented for approval to the TS Sales team within the set limits. Is responsible for certain aspects of the transaction handling, such as arranging the approval and the administrative tasks after closing.
• Checks whether transactions comply with certain parameters such as available limits, tenor and structure. If the transaction falls outside this scope, arranges limit allocations, excess approvals, compliance waivers, risk mitigation etc, and monitors proper and timely processing. .
• Advises ING offices (domestic and abroad) and external clients about pricing, risk appetite and structures related to trade finance and ensures that all questions are handled adequately and timely, reverting to the relevant specialists if necessary.
2. TS Sales support
• Depending on need/possibilities, provides assistance to (Senior) Area Managers of the Department in various aspects related to the specific region.
• Depending on need/capabilities, other activities or projects can be part of the assignment.
Your work environment
FI TFS provides a multicultural and international environment. Both regarding direct colleagues, as well as the client base. The latter comprises international Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and other ING departments. Due to the fast paced nature of the activities, FI TFS provides a working environment best described as diversified, dynamic and energetic.
Who we are looking for?
• Candidate should still be enrolled as a student at a University in The Netherlands on the date the work-along internship ends.
• Entrepreneurial/commercial mindset;
• Ambitious personality with minimum Bachelor level education (University: in final stage of Bachelor phase or studying for Master degree).
Organizational and analytical skills;
• High level of self-motivation and professional approach;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong team player;
• Fluent in English both verbally and written;
another foreign language is a plus (French, Spanish, Arabic, German, Chinese etc.)
• Good computer skills, focus on MSO/Excel and ING applications.
• Familiarity with trade finance products such as letters of credit, guarantees and trade loans is a plus.
Click on Apply.
For more information about ING check: www.ING.nl/werken.
We are looking forward to your application!