Team Lead Software Development
Looking for a varied and impactful software development role? Want to work with cutting-edge tech and lead a talented team? Then we’ve got a role to spice up your career!
Our story (the bitesize version):
Serving food-lovers from Venlo to Vienna, here at Takeaway.com we’ve built a platform that takes millions of orders every week. From couples craving pizza to businesses looking to treat their employees, we’ve made mealtimes quick, easy and delicious for B2B and B2C customers.
While our partner restaurants cook up fine food, here in Enschede we’re all about tech. Whether they’re securing data, developing apps or modernising our technical stack, our tech teams ensure everything runs smoothly.
All about the role:
In short, you’ll combine your skills as a hands-on Software Developer and a well-organised team lead. Your team will be focusing on highly scalable Back Office systems. That means building an ecosystem of applications, to manage a wide range of vital business processes.
As a mentor and team-builder, you’re able to motivate and inspire your colleagues – helping them both develop their own skills, and drive the modernisation of the technical stack.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Coach, motivate and inspire an Agile development team of 5-8 people
- Ensure team goals fit our business aims and be pragmatic about the tech you use
- Take on board the ideas of team members, as well as liaising with the Product Owner and Scrum Manager to prioritise projects
- Quickly develop cutting-edge, scalable, flexible and high-performing systems
- Contribute to our growth by helping recruit, interview and onboard new starters
Can you deliver…
Ready to boost our Back Office systems? Then we’re hoping you can tick these boxes:
- 5+ years’ as a Software Developer, or in a related role. Experience as a team lead is an advantage
- Experience with transitioning to a Microservices-based architecture in a high-traffic environment
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks, preferably Laravel
- Working knowledge of Java and Springboot is a big advantage - though not essential
- Confident in collaborating and communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Able to build a positive team environment in which people feel valued and driven
Here is our offer:
That’s enough about what we need. Here are some extra ingredients you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to lead and develop a talented team for a world-renowned brand
- Fantastic company events, including our annual Summer Party
- A dynamic, welcoming workplace in Enschede (with a spot in our stylish new office!)
- A pension plan in which we pay 60%
- Office amenities: Delicious tea and coffee, a spacious canteen and regular Friday drinks events
- Relocation support for candidates moving to the Netherlands
- Contribution to travel costs and ordering lunches
Think you’re the right fit? Click the Apply button now to send us your CV.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden