Commodity Support Officer
Imagine working within an international and dynamic environment in which you will service globally operating Trade & Commodity Finance clients. As a Senior Commodity Support Officer, you can make a difference by managing a portfolio and following the transactions under the various trade finance facilities. It is “ hands on” in this role where you will be the spider in the web by monitoring independently the movement of goods, release of stocks for exports, shipment details, collateral values, counterparties insurance, ensure collection of sales proceeds, compliance checks and daily external communication with customers, warehouses, shipping companies, brokers etc.).
Making a difference
- Stay up to date on trends in the market.
- Act as sparring partner to Relationship management & Credit within your squad with regard to application on various facility structures.
- Maintaining Client files, implementing Facility Structure (Limits and Sub Limits) using the TCM (Triquesta Collateral Management) system.
- Monitoring of exposures and valuation of the several collaterals.
- Independently judge transaction proposals of TCF clients.
- Perform in depth Borrowing Base checks, initiating and ensuring Collateral Inspections.
- Think how we can make use of innovative solutions, digitalisation and process optimisation to improve efficiency and become even more effective.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. You will be part of the dynamic, driven and diverse TCF EMEA team based in Utrecht. Candidates are expected to take an active role in the coaching of colleagues and fostering of the team spirit within the squad. From time to time your participation in specific broader (TCF or bank-wide) projects will be required as well.
TCF undertakes its activities with some 200 colleagues based in various offices across the 3 time zones. TCF finances clients throughout the whole value chain in commodities: from the production of raw materials in the country of origin, to delivery to the manufacturer. Activities range from transactional trade financing, corporate financing to structured (pre-export) financing to FI trade finance.. With you as a Senior Commodity Support Officer, the team will consist of 14 diverse colleagues.
Annemieke Maarse (Head CSG): “Did you know that CSG is the back bone of the TCF team? A team that is in daily contact with clients, and consists of committed, dedicated people who also have a lot of fun during the day?
Customer focus, Risk management, cooperation, and team spirit are clearly essential for the role of Commodity Support Officer. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
- HBO education or thinking level
- Comfortable with talking to clients directly, flexible mind set
- Good knowledge and general understanding of banking products and Trade and Commodity Finance more specifically
- Alert sense on the market circumstances of the commodities we finance
- Affinity with innovation, digitalisation in the world of Trade Finance & Collateral monitoring
- Fluent in English (in speech, reading and writing)
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- “In 2020 RABO TCF was the lead arranger for USD 1.3 bln PRE-Export Finance Facility for Ghana Cocoa Board (“GCB”). Previous to this facility Rabo arranged a USD 300 mio 3 year term loan and acted as Sustainability Coordinator. GCB is the Government entity of Ghana responsible for the exports of cocoa.”
- “In 2021 Rabo TCF was the Lead Coordinating Bank for Gunvor’s new EUR 540 mln biofuels borrowing base. This was the first-ever syndicated BB facility specifically designated to biofuels. This transaction underpins both Rabo’s and Gunvor’s aim to play a meaningful role as enabler of the energy transition.”
- TCF maintains a culture where the team challenges each other on the sustainable business we do
- TCF cooperates closely with the Rabo Rural fund and Foundation to provide credit to small enterprises and local farmers to grow their business
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary in job grade 9 (€ 3.714,- /€ 5.304,-); depending on your experience, knowledge and education
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10%). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career
- 100% reimbursing of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance!
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3.5%
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Commodity Support Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until the 30th of March.
- Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Annemieke Maarse, Head CSG, +31 (0)6 13010813.
- Esther van Schoonhoven , Recruitment Business Partner would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 (0)6 29259812 or email@example.com.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
€ 3.714,- tot € 5.304,-