Auditor with Compliance knowledge or Compliance Officer with Audit background
We are looking for a Compliance Officer / Auditor with a key focus on Compliance Quality Assurance and Reporting.
Bank Mendes Gans N.V. (BMG) is part of ING Wholesale Banking. We are looking for a colleague who has experience in a related function (e.g. Internal Audit, External Audit, Compliance Quality Assurance) and who has the right skills and personality to fulfill this role in a dynamic organization. You have knowledge of Compliance / Internal Audit or are able to obtain this within a short time frame. We offer an interesting and challenging job in a dedicated and enthusiastic team.
What you’ll do:
- Executing review activities on Control Testing related to Compliance done by the 1st line departments (“Second Line Monitoring”);
- Preparing and executing the yearly Quality Assurance plan for compliance according to the applicable ING Guidelines;
- Preparing and executing the Control Testing on the processes of which Compliance is the owner;
- Monitoring the execution and progress of the yearly “NFR” cycle” (e.g. Business Environment Assessments, Risk Assessments, Key Control Testing) from Compliance perspective;
- Contributing to meeting ING reporting requirements (e.g. monthly/quarterly risk reports, compliance sign-off’s, maintenance of all data in the ING risk application Irisk);
- Contribute in preparing the monthly meetings of the Non-Financial Risk Committee and 2nd line contributions to Know Your Customer and Customer Integrity Risk Committees (KYC and CIRC);
- Analysis of (compliance) events, using the outcome in improving the business and preventing reoccurrence;
- Participating in various projects in the field of non-financial risks from a 2nd line perspective;
- Liaising with other ING departments (WB Compliance, WB MLRO, Corporate Audit Services), Dutch Central Bank and external auditors when necessary. Liaising with other BMG 1st and 2nd line departments;
- Although your focus will primarily be on compliance, you must see where compliance links with other non-financial risk areas, such as operational, IT and Legal risks as in current world these risk types are more and more mingled;
- You handle your tasks in cooperation with your colleagues and with your experience you support your colleagues and enable to grow in their roles;
- It is also important that you help 1st line to assume their responsibilities regarding compliance and to become more mature. This means, among other things, knowledge transfer, improvement of processes and challenge where necessary.
How to succeed:
- University degree (preferably Law or Economics) or equivalent (e.g. bachelor’s degree with proven academic thinking level);
- Experience in the field of auditing (internal and/or external), either within an internal audit department or audit firm. Experience in compliance audits and knowledge of compliance is a pro.
- Communicative skills, able to explain compliance requirements to the business so that they can take their 1st line responsibility to manage the non-financial risk framework;
- Team player, good communication skills and able to work under time pressure;
- Has the soft skills to convey the message both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on mentality and service minded;
- Able to work independently. Drive to succeed and finalize tasks in time. Drive to deliver a high quality of work;
- Can take a stand as a representative of 2nd line function. But also has awareness that satisfying customer needs is our reason for existence;
- Be able to deal with multiple tasks at the same time;
- Preferably proficient in Dutch (verbal and written). Proficient in English (verbal and written).
BMG is an independent bank that is a 100% subsidiary of ING Bank. We have intensive co-operation with our ING colleagues. You will be part of an enthusiastic team with more than 200 colleagues. We are located in Amsterdam City Center.
We offer cash pooling and netting services to large (mostly listed) multinationals and their subsidiaries worldwide (‘treasury services for treasurers’). Our products enables our clients to optimize the use of their bank balances within their company. Numerous worldwide well-known brands are customer of BMG.
- You will work at the Operational Risk and Compliance department of BMG. The main tasks and responsibilities of this department are:
- Monitoring and measuring the compliance, operational, IT and personal & physical security risks of BMG in a 2nd line role. Ensure that these are in conformity with the desired risk levels;
- Supporting the 1st line in meeting requirements resulting from ING’s non-financial risk framework (“NFR Framework”). Supporting them to find the optimal balance between managing non-financial risks and realizing operational, commercial and financial targets;
- Offering specialist knowledge and advice regarding non-financial risks to the BMG organization;
- Performing monitoring activities to verify proper functioning of processes and controls;
- Participating in various changes, for example related to implementation of new and updated ING policies and external requirements. But also, in changes regarding product, process or IT changes and improvements;
- Liaison for BMG with various other ING departments, the external auditor and supervisory authorities.
What we offer:
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist