Beverage Technologist laboratory
Are you precisely? Do you have a passion for food technology? Do you want to delvelop into beverages? Then read on quickly!
This is an exciting opportunity with a fulltime one-year contract as beverage technologist in the laboratory to work with a successful & strong technical team in a fast moving, demanding and rewarding food category beverages.
As an application technologist your role is to develop beverage products to support selling ingredients mainly flavours, but part of this product development you would also incorporate other ingredients such as natural colours, health ingredients, juice compounds etc.
As part of this role, you will work with technical and commercial teams on ‘’Customer’’ projects.
Main types of beverages to work on are: Ciders and Beer, Flavoured Water, Soft Drinks & High alc drinks such as flavoured Vodka.
You will be responsible for the entire brief management process including but not limited to: receiving the brief, discussing with account manager, having calls with customer, develop and prepare beverage samples, ship to customer, write prototypes in software systems, present to clients virtually or physically, get feedback and continue supporting until product is launched.
In addition, you will be required to support internal and regional category project if required.
Essential Functions of the Application Technologist:
- To develop new innovative products to meet the conceptual brief, compliant with regulatory requirements, cost effective and commercially scalable, stability tested and suitable for mainstream production.
- Contribute to a team approach in project management, taking leadership as needed, and supporting others when needed, maintaining good relationships across all disciplines (sales, customer services, marketing, sensory and consumer insights)
- Adhere to agreed timelines; Outline and plan projects, obtaining all materials needed to meet project deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and retrievable records of all formulas sent to clients in global database
- Participate in tasting sessions and strive to develop expertise and proficiency in the organoleptic evaluation of flavours
- All of our team members are expected to demonstrate professional behaviours and practices of cooperation and teamwork.
- Perform other projects/duties as assigned, including assignment to specific product lines as necessary.
- Occasional traveling is required for this role. (this is subject to Covid-19 restrictions).
Over de werkgever
You work in an international and informal setting in a company where personal connections are important. You're part of the beverage team in the flavors department.
The team consists of other colleagues who will familiarize you with the department during the job and train you in the daily tasks. Everybody works together to get the job done and communication is quick and short due to the small team. The company is located in Hilversum which is easy to reach by public transportation.
Wat wij bieden
- Full-Time position for one year
- Salary indication (monthly based on 40 hours) 3500,-
- Duration of the position is 12 months, Maybe there will a new position by that time, but this role is only for maternity cover.
- Preferable start date June 1, 2021
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Right to work in the Netherlands for the period of 12 months, relocation for this position isn't possible!
- BS Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in food/beverage product development or applications
- Excellent English language skills is a must.
- Beverage manufacturing experience is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability in organoleptic evaluation of flavours and products. Including significant amount of tasting alcoholic beverages. Ability to taste complete range of food products (no allergies, food aversions)
- Experience in beverage development is a distinct advantage.
- Creative, self-starter with good time management and an effective team player
- Excellent numerical, planning and decision making skills
- Flexible to perform various job duties, work with others on a team, work flexible hours when needed, work from home when needed according to Covid-19 measurements.
Wat wij bieden