Back to search results
Previous jobNext job
About the job
As a principal researcher, you define and drive the understanding of customers - and the future of travel experiences across one or more business units. You partner with our teams to understand guests and partners -- and how we can improve their experiences. You identify and shape product strategy and inspire cross-functional partners on improvements and new products. You provide thought leadership and mentoring to more junior researchers who are the keys to well-informed, objective, data-oriented decision making across Booking.com accommodation business.
In this role, you will define and guide research processes, mentor your teammates and partner with multidisciplinary product teams to identify customer needs and develop insights for product development.
You are a strong and empathetic partner within the research craft community. You are an excellent communicator and will partner closely with senior stakeholders and the leadership team.
You bring expertise in research practices across all phases of the product life-cycle, excellent knowledge of primary research methods (surveys, diary studies, interviews and focus groups) as well as secondary & expert methods (such as litreviews, cognitive walkthroughs and desk research). You will define and lead research programs that influence the customer proposition, align UX research activities with wider plans and build user centred practices in product teams.
As a Principal Researcher you will:
- Promote a user-centred design approach by educating and inspiring others throughout the business.
- Be the users' advocate, ensuring their needs are central to design and development decisions across the business.
- Collaborate closely with the Research craft leader to review and improve definitions of research quality, improvements to processes and other craft improvements.
- Invest in and enable the team’s collective success, delivering business outcomes and building a cohesive, high performing organisation.
- Be a thought leader on how to set up research and use data from multiple sources to inform the product experience
- Provide strategic insights, conduct independent research, collect and analyse behavior through a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Build strong collaboration with Analytics, Marketing and Data & Reporting teams to validate and spot connections across data sources and connect disparate data points across consumer insights and other business data.
- Explore new ways of gathering consumer insights through innovative research tools such as online community panels, conversational research, etc.
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Researchers, Designers, Analysts and Product Managers.
- Develop engaging methods of research dissemination and in developing appropriate UX KPIs for use by the business.
- 10+ years' UX research delivery in a consultancy, agency or in-house setting.
- Degree or higher degree in psychology, behavioural sciences, HCI, economics or similar.
- Experience leading large projects that have significant customer and business impacts.
- Experience with primary and secondary research methods in UX Research.
- Experience with designing, leading and implementing UX Research projects at scale.
- Knowledge and practical experience of using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with a strong awareness of their merits and weaknesses.
- Experience of using a variety of commercial UX Research or VOC software tools.
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to distill the output of complex datasets.
- Knowledge of UCD principles and best practices.
- Awareness of experimentation principles.
- Ecommerce or travel industry exposure.
- Master degree in business management, economics, psychology or similar.
- Personable – Adaptable and able to make others feel at ease.
- Analytical – Investigative, inquisitive, always asking 'why?'.
- Collaborative – Able to facilitate effective working among colleagues in various roles.
- Organised – Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Articulate – Able to convey customer insights persuasively and accurately.
- Principled – Focussed on the right outcome for your users.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist