TEAM LEAD ACCOUNTANT, GENERAL LEDGER
Foot Locker is seeking to hire a Team Lead Accountant to join our General Ledger Finance Team! The Team Lead Accountant will report directly to the Senior Manager, General Ledger. General Ledger is an integral part of the Europe Finance team, acting as the business partner for various finance and non-finance departments. Qualified candidates must understand completeness and correctness of Europe Balance and P&L. The Team Lead Accountant will supervise 2 direct reports. This is the perfect opportunity for a transition into leadership!
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
- Conduct team meetings and challenge GL accountants.
- Evaluate direct reports and team development and provide constructive feedback.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Approve (and review) monthly balance sheet reconciliations through Blackline.
- Coordinate with various departments (both finance and non-finance, across multiple countries) to ensure financial records are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Understand the problem identification and problem-solving process and be able to follow through to get the result needed.
- Participate in US GAAP external audit process between various departments and liaise with Internal Control on Sox compliance for GL areas.
- Might be required to perform additional accounting and reporting duties as assigned by Senior Manager GL.
- (HBO) Bachelor, or Master's in accounting.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience.
- Some leadership experience preferred.
- Can easily adapt to and work in a changing retail environment.
- Works in a well-structured manner; Focused on continuous improvement.
- Enthusiastic and eager to lead a team with a practical mentality. Able to feel self-assured to work with and challenge other finance managers.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
- Advanced data analytical Microsoft Excel skills (Data enhancing through power query editor and data model, report building through power pivot).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Respects and brings others along, is a team player, values partnerships, builds capability and plays to win.
- Plans for results, sets goals and priorities and organizes work.
Foot Locker is entitled to assign other duties than those associated with the position as described above, if such would be in the best interest of the Company.
Candidates must be eligible for employment in the Netherlands.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist