temp Logistics Specialist - Utrecht Area
Dit kan al binnen 1 minuut
The Logistics Specialist is expected to serve as the global logistics expert for a portfolio of assigned countries and utilize logistics expertise for various countries of delivery. The Specialist is responsible for working within the import/export documentation requirements and managing the smooth shipment and delivery of quality-assured, health-related commodities. The specialist is expected to ensure compliance with client requirements and is expected to define corrective actions in in cases of irregularities. Please note this a position for 6 months.
- Ensure timely logistics execution (plan, execute, monitor) of the international transport of goods, including high value & temperature sensitive products, into the specific countries (export, shipping lanes etc.), the importation and clearance, and in-country delivery of goods for all categories of products managed in collaboration with different 3PL partners
- Monitor closely all assigned shipments and proactively mitigate
- Monitor vendor overall performance on a regular basis to ensure necessary export documents are received timely and orders are delivered on time, in full.
- Provide advice or assistance for vendors on documents required for the importation of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies in countries of destination, working with the Sourcing and Client Services Units.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with internal stakeholders, such as Strategic Supply Chain and Client Service Units, to address business challenges and opportunities at the order level to provide high quality solutions to the recipients.
- Provide proactive customer service for logistics to principal recipients, client, 3PLs, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular and timely updates (Order Overviews) to principal recipients and ensure principal recipients are able to track orders using visibility platform and deliver training as necessary.
- Provide training to 3PL partners, as a part of the on boarding process, on importation requirements for portfolio countries and review importation processes and communication expectations in coordination with the 4PL Services Subdivision.
- Handle all shipment-related incidents; log incidents into Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Maintain country-profiles with the most up-to-date information for each of the assigned portfolio countries with key information on country context/requirements knowledge and expertise including in-country supply chain issues regarding storage and/or delivery of goods.
- Work closely with 4PL Services and the client to monitor waiver lead times, and update the matrix as necessary. Additionally, communicate key changes in waiver lead time and/or process in country to Logistics Manager for proper escalation.
- Maintain system-related changes required on planned shipment costs, milestones, and confirmation of delivery in coordination with the 3PLs throughout the shipment management process.
- Maintain and update ERP system at the order and shipment levels, to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Provide inputs into final invoicing documentation and approval process in coordination with 4PL Services and Finance & Accounting Units.
- Bachelor's Degree in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' experience in supply chain operations, transport, or logistics required.
- Critical operational and complex organizational problem solving experience required.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Fluency in English is required; other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) are a plus.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Project desirable.
- Experience in the international, public health sector is preferred.
- Previous experience working with international donor agencies, preferred.
32. 40 hours per week
logistics, purchasing, customer service, account management, B2B, community management, e-commerce
Wat wij bieden