Main purpose of job
▪ Lead the Engineering and Design related to Upgrading and Revamping of Reciprocating Compressors and their systems
▪ Identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction
▪ Carry out mechanical design and design calculations for Compressor Upgrade and Revamp projects including capital parts
▪ Carry out compressor sizing, performance calculations and feasibility studies
▪ Improve product reliability and optimize production processes.
▪ Draft and maintain Engineering standards, specifications and calculation tools for e.g. selection, calculation of compressor parts, specification of materials, coating systems, repairs, etc.
▪ Support customers in analysing issues and failures, and initiate actions to improve.
▪ Support Sales in the formulation of technical proposals (scoping) and cost price calculation.
▪ Coordinate project execution and correspond to customers in relation with technical proposals, failure analysis, improvements and deviations.
▪ Ensure compliancy with legislation, guidelines, procedures and specifications.
Skills, knowledge & behaviors
▪ Bachelor’s or Master degree in Mechanical and/or Automotive Engineering or equivalent.
▪ Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role and preferably in the rotating equipment, automotive or heavy industrial firm.
▪ Broad knowledge with various Mechanical Engineering topics like strength of materials, design of heavy machinery, materials science, tribology, surface treatments, etc.
▪ Able to make design engineering and high level engineering analysis (pulsations, torsional, etc).
▪ Ability to understand and review design drawings, P&ID’s, control logics and specifications.
▪ Ability to coordinate project execution and successfully correspond with customers.
▪ Strong analytical and problem solving skills and dedication to quality and integrity.
▪ Ensure compliancy with legislation, guidelines, procedures and specifications
▪ Good team-working skills, flexible and pro-active attitude.
▪ Good communication, interpersonal and reporting skills. Must be able to communicate efficiently with customers and colleagues (also in other locations).
▪ Familiarity with various industry standards: i.e. DIN, EN, API, ANSI, ASME and ASTM.
▪ Experience composing professional documents such as reports and procedures.
▪ Language requirements: Dutch and English proficient in speak and read/write, some understanding of German is a plus
▪ Service mentality
▪ English, Proficient in speak, read/write
▪ Dutch, Proficient in speak, read/write
▪ Some basic understanding of German is preferred