Back to search results
Previous jobNext job
The role of GIS (Geo Information Systems) Solutions Manager forms part of a team that identifies, defines and then designs the essential geodata content services and assets required for the functioning of Booking.com.
To be successful in this role, you will be committed to defining and providing the highest standards of quality geodata content at scale, to support Marketing and our Business Units. Stakeholders across Booking rely on our geodata to power things such as onsite and offsite search, so it’s essential that you’re passionate about the latest geodata trends and building smart capabilities to achieve scale, including leveraging technology-led solutions such as machine learning. You should also know how to optimize solutions using data analysis and process improvement techniques.
A proven track record in building and scaling geodata content in an online environment will enable you to drive value in our fast-paced environment. You’ll be self-driven, constantly challenging the status quo whilst being highly collaborative and solution-focused. Most importantly, all of this helps you deliver a high standard of content solution for all our stakeholders.
This role is based in our headquarters in Amsterdam and reports to the Global Manager Content Solutions in the Content Agency.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define their (scaled) content needs and translate those needs into well-defined, documented and scalable solutions, supported by processes and tooling
- Lead a team consisting of a Process Lead, Quality Manager and Coordinators, offering vision, support, coaching, ongoing feedback, support with business cases and strategic initiatives
- Set KPIs, SLAs and other metrics for core solutions, and review performance on a regular basis, making suggestions for improvements and setting goals as appropriate. Be accountable for the correct functioning of your solutions
- Collaborate with Product and Tech teams on an ongoing basis to constantly refine and optimise GIS solutions as well as build for the future in line with business needs
- Collaborate with our team of dedicated Geo Specialists to ensure the quality and richness of our geodata
- Collaborate with Analytics to define clear business requirements for analytical models to, for example, understand quality, richness, ranking etc of data points. Also identify opportunities and requirements for ML models.
- To support solution optimisation and expansion, create performance targets and roadmaps, and engage with stakeholders in reporting on these targets and roadmaps. Construct business cases to secure necessary resources - human, technical, financial and support
- Be an evangelist for your part of Solutions, not only performing research into the latest developments in your area, but sharing your insights with colleagues and the wider Booking community
- With the Global Manager Content Solutions, support in the creation of a long-term, company-wide geo content strategy for Booking.com, and coordinate implementation of this strategy
- Identify and implement ways to build and enrich our geodata inventory and expand our service offerings to better serve current and future business needs
- Build and sustain a network across the business, focussing on key stakeholders and influencers; stay on top of company strategic developments, and through this understand and predict future company content needs
- Stay on top of content industry trends, and build connections with relevant external vendors
- Demonstrable track record of defining and executing solutions and process improvement initiatives, leading them from start to finish, including the definition of success metrics
- Passion for geodata management
- Solid understanding of geodata processes, including quality management, as well as strong and current knowledge of systems, tooling and methodologies
- Minimum 5 years in service/solution design, ideally in a global e-commerce environment*
- Proven impact with process innovation
- Strong understanding of impact/importance of content in e-commerce
- Excellent business acumen and ability to combine big picture thinking with pragmatism
- Strong ability to prioritize according to impact and business needs
- Proactive, solution-focused and results-oriented attitude
- Analytical mindset with proven strategic ability. Can support decisions with data and build business cases accordingly.
- Excellent communicator with proven stakeholder management experience
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist