Communications Business Partner
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Single point of contact for all global communications of the two business units to strengthen AkzoNobel’s reputation, brands and organization.
- Develop, manage and execute integrated (internal and external) communications plans to support the strategic priorities of two global business units while supporting our company-wide Grow & Deliver strategy (25%)
- Mining the business for topics for internal and external activation in support of our global Grow & Deliver strategy (50%)
- Be a trusted communications advisor and working closely with the business unit Managing Directors, their management teams, the BU Marketing colleagues and BU HR Directors (25%).
- Develop and deliver BU engagement plans, communication plans and toolkits to support the internal and external strategic BU priorities while supporting our company-wide Grow & Deliver strategy.
- Acts as single point of contact for all global BU communications. Develop, collect, create and publish BU proof points for internal and external activation while ensuring that all content is developed in line with our company-wide Grow & Deliver strategy.
- Be the strategic communications advisor providing best-in-class communications advice to the BU Managing Directors and their leadership teams (esp. HR BU director).
- Close collaboration with the BU Marketing functions to make sure that all content is in line with the global and overall BU brand strategies.
- Work with the regional teams and other communications business partners to ensure aligned communications across AkzoNobel.
- Actively contribute to the development of a high-performing and collaborative global communications team.
- Monitor and manage business-specific risks and opportunities that could influence the AkzoNobel reputation.
- Track the outputs and deliverables of all communications activity undertaken and measure progress against KPIs.
Level of Autonomy
- Decisions about the best communication approach and key messaging for the key themes in both business units.
- Decisions about the communication tactics to engage key stakeholders with the strategic BU agenda.
- Communications advice to BU leaders.
- Identification of opportunities and risks that can benefit or harm the BUs or AkzoNobel’s reputation
- Balancing roles and responsibilities
The job holder needs to have the ability to understand complex business requirements, have a sound understanding of the industry and business landscape (products, services, customers and issues etc), needs to be able to quickly assess communications needs and develop effective communication tools. Being the point of contact for two of our business units means that you will receive many requests to deliver business proof points for external (press releases, social media) and internal communication programs.
- Navigating a multi-stakeholder environment
The job holder needs to be able to operate at senior level and influence within a complex matrix environment. He/she needs to feel comfortable to constantly assess priorities based on the highest value add for the business unit or the full company.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven track record in developing and managing high-impact strategic. communications, including the production of communications collateral.
- Proven experience in business transformation and change communications.
- Have (or able to build) a good knowledge of the BU business environment (products, issues, customers, etc) as well as a good understanding of the key trends and developments in the industry the business is part of.
- Extensive communications experience across highly matrixed environments with multiple business units/markets is essential.
- Proven ability to act as trusted business partner, influence senior stakeholders with tact, diplomacy, and persuasion when the situation demands.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and high-performance environment, prioritize, manage various projects simultaneously; able to deliver results under tight deadlines, and able to say no.
- Proven ability to switch quickly between strategic thinking and implementation.
- Excellent project management skills and able to drive channel effectiveness.
- Results focused individual that concentrates on the outcomes.
- Pro-active, hands-on team player with an open and energetic attitude who can work independently.
Essential educational qualifications
- 5+ years communication experience within a global organization.
- Native or near-native in English, with strong verbal and writing skills.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business or similar studies is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 7522
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist