Are you looking for a scientific job in which you will be working with colleagues from lots of different backgrounds? As a scientist at MSD you will be planning and executing experiments to develop new processes. This is a full-time position that requires knowledge of hybridoma cell culture, production of MCA’s and GLP compliancy. Your expertise will be rewarded with a salary between €16.13 and €21.51 per hour, travel cost reimbursement and pension accrual. Are you interested in this vacancy? If so, keep reading!Employment agency Manpower is looking for a scientist for MSD in Boxmeer. What will you be doing?
As a scientist, you will support all MSD Animal Health Research & Development and Manufacturing sites worldwide. It will entail the generation of hybridomas for the supply of ready-to-use target-specific antibodies and conjugates. Specifically, you will be responsible for hybridoma cell culture, production of MCAs, and quality control thereof, including optimization of the processes involved. You will be a person of contact for all Animal Health sites worldwide regarding these hybridomas- and MCA-related matters. Planning, executing and evaluating experiments will be your responsibility in the broadest meaning.
You will be performing the following tasks:
What's in it for you?
- Managing seeds and hybridoma cell culture
- Producing MCA in different systems as well as quantification with ELISA, UV or Octect
- Supporting the DSP-team with MCA Conjugations and ordering of reagents via SAP
- Keeping the equipment GLP-compliant and ensuring maintenance is performed
- Organizing the logistics of received and delivered biological samples
- Presenting technical reports to relevant stakeholders
- Performing project-related literature searches
- Reporting and documenting of hybridoma and MCA activities
- Gross salary between €16.13 and €21.51 per hour
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per kilometre, maximum of € 9.50 per working day
- Full-time job of 40 hours a week
- Pension accrual through Manpower after 26 weeks’ work
- Free access to E-learning platform Studytube via Manpower
Over de werkgever
About the company
MSD is an attractive employer that offers interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments. Among their employees are biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators. MSD’s goal is to employ the ‘best in class’ employees at every level. MSD expects a lot from their employees and has a lot to offer as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership skills and cross-border communication skills are among those MSD values most.About the department
The BTS group, part of MSD Global Animal Health Manufacturing Science & Technology, drives and executes Bioprocess technology excellence in close alignment with their partners in Research & Development and Manufacturing in order to ensure robust product introductions, product testing and transfers, and a reliable product supply to customers. BTS has considerable expertise in viral cell culture, bacterial fermentation, downstream purification, freeze drying and vaccine formulation. The department is responsible for seed development, new product process development, validation, qualification and commercialization of Animal Health's large vaccine pipeline. In addition, the team provides in-line product support for all Animal Health large molecule manufacturing sites and external manufacturers. Working hours
In this full-time position, you will be working Monday through Friday between 8.00 and 17.00 hours.
Wat wij bieden
16,13-21,51 bruto per uur
If you have GMP/GLP knowledge in the biopharmaceutical industry, you will have an advantage. Experience in mammalian cell culture and antibody production, assays for quality control purposes are a bonus as well. You preferably also live in or near Boxmeer, Cuijk, Overleen, Venray or Bergen. How to apply
- Fluent in English, for the purpose of communicating with colleagues and documenting your work
- A MLO4/HLO (EU) degree in Biochemistry, Biology, or Molecular Biology (Biological Science)
- At least one year of working experience as a scientist or similar
- Experience in research, manufacturing, and testing of (sterile) biological products
- Able to apply for a Code of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag or VOG) at your local municipality
- Apply online via the “Solliciteer direct” button
- To speed up the application process, please send your CV and motivation in English
- Fill out the questionnaire that appears after you have logged in and written down your motivation
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Wat wij bieden
€ 15,- tot € 22,-
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature, neem dan contact op met Robin van Loon via email@example.com of bel (088) 282-8128.
Bijna niets in het leven is voor mensen zó essentieel als het vinden en be