Octagon Professionals is looking for a Product Assurance & Safety Engineer to join the directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality in ESA/ESTEC. If you are an Engineer with a Master's Degree, 5 years of experience in Product Assurance and working at ESTEC would be a great next step in your career, read more and get in touch with us today!
Support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor's plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR/SPR/Waivers/Problems/ Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed, including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed, contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines
- Controlling NCR/Waivers/Problems/Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/ wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- The launch campaign.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
- Supporting Quality Assurance activities related to the phase D/E of the Project and associated reviews. In particular, this will involve participation to the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), post test reviews (PTRs);
- Supporting the PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Supporting the Solar Orbiter Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme for the Solar Orbiter Project.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or equivalent degree;
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Fluent English language skills;
- Ability to travel within Europe is a must (it is expected 90% collocated with the spacecraft);
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities; comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational environment.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within
a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.