As Customer Service Manager, you will manage the customer service department, thereby
focusing on the main goal of increasing the overall efficiency, managing the interfaces with all related
departments and overseeing front office processes pertaining to customers.
You will improve the effectiveness and quality of customer service;
identify bottlenecks inside and outside the department; continuously work on improving data
accuracy and create an environment in customer service that promotes ongoing improvement.
Furthermore, you will primarily focus on creating a culture that embraces the needs of
customers and the fulfillment thereof. This requires dedication, a service and solution-oriented
attitude and willingness to internally reorganize processes in the customer service department.
The position combines highly diverse tasks, as it is a central position within the company and, as
such, has contact to all departments and customers. Complying with customers’ needs can create a
sense of accomplishment. The next career step could be onto a management position in sales or
▪ Create an efficiently working customer service department that is the key to flawlessly
managing the interfaces between our customers and other departments in the organization.
▪ To oversee the customer service department (consisting of 4people), the manager must
serve as a role model with regard to focusing on customers, fulfilling requests and
continuously promoting services aimed at improving customer services as well as intern.
▪ Manage relationships with customers and acting as a liaison with operations to meet
customer requirements. Possessing a sound understanding of our technology and
▪ Utilize systems such as SAP, ESM, CRM tools to monitor customer activity. Identifying
bottlenecks in processes and supporting the efficient use of systems and tools. Become the
face and point of contact
▪ Support annual growth initiatives and drive organic growth with house accounts
▪ Achieve customer satisfaction - together with sales team - by understanding needs,
requirements and ensuring that these are fulfilled
▪ Manage the entire CS department, including a flexible leadership style, which can be adapted
to the amount of employees and monitor the CS performance by KPIs
▪ Represent CS and as a liaison for Europe) in operational and management meetings
▪ Maintain sales opportunities funnel and CRM
▪ Maintain Quote Log, weekly flash data and forecasts (net sales, order entry, backlog)
▪ Drive continuous improvement by identifying bottlenecks, finding solutions and
implementing structural improvements, while being process oriented
▪ Close sales and achieve monthly quotas
▪ Provide quotations, delivery updates and information on availability of parts and lead times
▪ Coach and develop CS employees to ensure they achieve an excellent level of knowledge
▪ Pragmatic management/coordination of (complicated) ad-hoc situations or urgent requests
Technical or functional Knowledge
▪ Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Technical Business Administration or similar subject.
▪ Three to five years of internal sales or customer service experience in a technical
environment, must be service oriented.
▪ Knowledge of the oil and gas service sector is an asset.
▪ Experience and Essential Requirements
▪ Customer service experience
▪ Some technical background and the ability to understand the technology (reciprocating
▪ Flexible, stress resistant and persistent when it comes to accomplishing tasks
▪ Ability to multi-task, prioritize urgent matters in a structured way, manage time effectively
and used to handling input/output from/to all departments.
▪ Helicopter view to improve processes and develop IT solutions
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to establish contacts
▪ Strong listening and presentation skills
▪ Experience with using IT tools such as SAP, CRM (preferably SalesForce), MS Office
▪ Internal management of a (small) team and multiple stakeholders
▪ Excellent Dutch and English language skills –German and French skills are an advantage
▪ Commitment to completing tasks in an accurate manner