Trade Finance Analyst Rotterdam
Our client, an innovative player in the oil & gas industry, is looking for a Trade Finance Analyst to join the Credit Team. Your main focus is to ensure operational responsibility regarding group wide payment instruments on a cost and process efficient basis in an independent manner. You will join a team of five members with the main goal of building a zero loss track record.
The total group portfolio managed by the team includes 5000+ customers with a continuous outstanding of USD 750M. One of the main objectives is to position themselves as a partner of their commercial business, by adding value in terms of risk analysis and cash flow optimizations.
As the Trade Finance Analyst you will be responsible for:
- The operational Trade Finance management activities
- Aligning processes within the group
- Negotiate finance instruments with banks and trade finance instruments with counterparties.
- Advising on credit risk on counterparty level and assume responsibility of bad debt track record on portfolio level.
- Discussing credit risk on counterparty level.
- Monitoring the Trade Finance Costs levels and analysing the P&L.
- Last but not least you will participate in projects end initiate improvements.
The team has a strong focus on improving processes in terms of efficiency and effectivity, a similar mindset is expected from you. In this role you report directly to the Group Credit Manager and will be part of the larger Credit and Treasury department which consists of five colleagues in Rotterdam and five colleagues in Switzerland.
Over de werkgever
Our client is a top supplier of high quality fuels to various industries across North Western Europe, including transportation, agriculture, bunkering, manufacturing, construction and home energy.
This client doesn’t shy away from a challenge. The energy industry is changing and they need the right people to grow with them as they rise to the challenge. You can be one of them!
Wat wij bieden
- Salary: €2900-3500 gross based on fulltime
- 40 hours workweek
- Location: Rotterdam. Working remote at the moment
- 13th month
- 27 holidays
Does this all sound good to you? Apply with your most recent resume. The procedure is as follows:
1. You upload your most recent resume .
2. Is there a match? The recruiter will contact you to get to know you better.
3. At least 2 interviews with the client.
4. Everybody is still happy? Time to sign a contract!
As a Trade Finance Analyst, it is important that you have strong analytical skills, that you are able to take decisions and communicate them combined with a financial focus to support this. Since our client's business is always evolving, especially the next coming years, it is important that you have a critical but solution oriented mindset with passion for improvement and that you are responsible. The successful candidate has:
- Min. 2 years experience in the oil industry with trade finance affinity
- Graduated studies with a Master’s degree preferably in Science.
- Affinity with financial analysis and Commodity Trade Finance
- A post-master with specialization on Trade Finance is considered an advantage
- Excellent command English language, both written and verbally. Dutch is an advantage.
The ideal candidate
will also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Brief understanding of both financial and legal risks
- Understanding of business risk (Oil & Gas)
- Build relationships with stakeholders
- You present yourself as a pro-active and hands-on person
- Eager to learn and develop yourself to become one of the core strengths within the team.
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Wat wij bieden
€ 2.900,- tot € 3.500,-
For more information please contact Roos Hof via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06-48437287.tijdelijk