IT Risk & Control Manager
Back to search results
Previous jobNext job
JOB DESCRIPTIONIt wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are now looking for an IT Risk Manager, Risk & Controlin the second line of defence for the Corporate Functions department. You will be responsible for supporting business leadership to identify, assess and mitigate financial, regulatory, operational and strategic risk specific to corporate functions (Accounting, HR, FP&A, etc.)
The role partners closely with the business unit management teams to be responsible for advising on risk exposure and use this knowledge to facilitate informed decision making. The individual is expected to develop and maintain a comprehensive view of risk-taking activities and support the business to embed and enhance their risk processes and controls within their day-to-day operations.
The IT Risk Manager, Risk & Control is also a subject matter expert, responsible for advising the first line and the Risk Officers on IT compliance (incl. SOx, GDPR, PCI), controls design and risk assessment practices across multiple business functions. The role also involves managing a small team of IT Risk SMEs.
Successful risk management requires dynamic individuals who are able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, integrate perspectives and ultimately drive beneficial business outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive view of risk-taking activities for the assigned Business area
- Build strong relationships with business leadership, internal audit, external audit, Booking Holdings and external partners to drive and embed risk management across Booking.com.
- Support ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Booking.com risk management framework, governance, tooling and processes.
- Provide guidance and support to the business in designing and implementing appropriate controls to mitigate company risks and support Booking.com to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Manage and coach small working teams to execute on risk management activities.
- Raise the profile of risk management across the organization and contribute to building a risk culture via training and awareness activities.
- 8+ years in a similar role with strong risk and control or audit / assurance background
- Bachelor degree (ideally in Computer Science, IT/IS, Accounting, or related) and IT risk and control relevant certifications (CISA, CISM, CIPP, CISSP, ect.)
- Strong understanding of the regulatory landscape including Sarbanes Oxley, Cybersecurity, Privacy (GDPR, CCPA)
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders to drive change and solution oriented
- Understanding of how business operations impact financial risk
- Experience in complex IT environments, which includes in-house developed and customized purchased systems
- Comfortable working with engineering/technology teams and familiar with agile change management methodologies
- Experience in managing small teams and coaching/developing team members
- Strong organisational skills and adept to multitasking and prioritisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable with mid/senior stakeholder engagement (incl. Directors, Audit partners)
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
- Experience with large e-commerce or tech companies is advantageous
- Working knowledge of the following systems/tools is advantageous: SAP ECC & S/4, AWS Cloud, Ivalua, Workday, Blackline, GitLab, Snowflake, Microstrategy, Anaplan, ServiceNow
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist