Currently, This organization wants to fill an open (contractor) fulltime position and is searching for a Scientist, who will be responsible for maximizing product quality in an efficient and timely manner. You will be working in close collaboration with the manufacturing, Quality, Supply chain and Analytical S&T.
Primary Job Function:
- Support the Established Products Operations (EPO) technical functions worldwide.
Support manufacturing or analytical activities and resolve manufacturing or analytical issues for EPO products.
- Conduct studies/experiments under the direction of a more senior scientist. Direct own daily activities
Utilizing multiple experimental techniques incorporating appropriate procedures. Correlate and verify
ideas through experimentation. Interact with other groups, share information, and participate in team
activities. Carry out experiments with appropriate precision. Perform basic data acquisition, generating
reliable, reproducible data. Complete lab work as required, including planning, experiments, data
analysis, summaries, notebook records, and maintenance of a safe and clean laboratory.
- Assist with process experiments during scale-ups, meeting expected yields and product purity.
Support plant start-ups, engineering and validation runs, as well as troubleshooting plant issues. May identify
- pportunities for cost reduction, cycle time and other process improvements.
- Author or co-author technical reports. Participate in project teams
- Initiate, steer and, control external studies
- Represent Science & Technology (S&T) to other sectors/departments, in project teams and at Contract
Research Organizations (CROs) and Third Party Manufacturers (TPMs).
This location is easily accessible by car or by public transport from Amsterdam, Haarlem or Leiden.
Over de werkgever
This International company is committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, they brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals.
The Pharmaceuticals Division helps treat some of the most pervasive and persistent health conditions around the world, providing access to some of the most trusted and proven medicines to those who need them most.
The company generates over 450 pharmaceutical products of which the top 20-30 products are centrally supported by the Science and Technology (S&T) organization to maximize their growth by making use of advanced knowledge in science and technology and product expertise in a cross collaborative working model.
This group is tasked with globally facilitating operational excellence and compliance on these products, reducing operational costs, guaranteeing reliable supply and customer service in changing conditions, and joining forces with the Development department for innovative improvements.
In addition, the group is also tasked with providing access to these products in Emerging Markets via Technology Transfer. The implementation and improvement of pharmaceutical production at local manufacturing sites requires technical experience as well as communication skills to connect with diverse internal departments, Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and Third Party Manufacturer (TPM).
Wat wij bieden
- This position is initially for seven months. (contract extension possible);
- When you join their organization, you will work as an employee in an informal and multicultural environment;
- You work with new techniques and methods;
- You will work for a leading organization in the pharmaceutical industry;
- MSc degree in pharmaceutical sciences;
- Knowledge of various aspects of manufacturing of both parenteral and oral products in a relevant operational or technical support environment (experience with technology transfer, quality systems, costs of goods assessment, unit operation expertise, connecting material attributes with product performance);
- Experience in GMP (quality assurance)
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting;
- Good knowledge on sterilization strategies;
- Good reporting skills, both technical reports and (regulatory) CMC docs;
- Able to communicate at various levels with professionals with different expertise;
- Experience with Lean/Six-Sigma methodologies highly desirable (Green belt level or higher);
- Good command of English;
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Wat wij bieden