*Please submit your CV in English*
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we are constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come build the future with us!
We are recruiting for a Senior Operational Improvement Manager who will play a vital role in advancing Amazon’s unique culture and enabling the growth of new Delivery Service Partner (DSP) program within the high-growth, ever-growing Logistics organisation. This role will concentrate on providing support to our new DSPs through customer obsession and a commitment to iterating and improving operational processes rolled out under our new DSP2.0 program. The role is based in-country but reports centrally into the rapidly expanding EU DSP Team. You will work in partnership with a wide variety of EU stakeholders, owning improvement initiatives to the program. You must have a curious, pragmatical approach to operations and be comfortable directing change.
This role requires the availability to travel based on business need.
Role and Responsibilities:
As an integral part of EU DSP Team, the Senior Operational Improvement Manager focuses on the following deliverable:
· Work collaboratively with the EU DSP team and local DSP teams to iterate and improve on day to day processes
· Partner with cross-functional teams to direct the implementation of operational process improvement ensuring best practices and country specific views are reflected in product development with global partners
· Act as a first point of contact and subject matter expert (SME) on DSP2.0 operations for both Amazon logistics and our suppliers often getting fully involved in the operation and demonstrating a bias for action to solve problems quickly
· Direct change, engaging key stakeholders at every point
· Take concept ideas and demonstrate an ability to distil into practical operational systems
· Ensure best in class processes and policies are embedded in the business to ensure the highest standards of DSP experience and engagement
· Undertake short-term improvement or deep dive projects as directed by the EU DSP Operational Improvement PM.
· Guide new tech implementations schemes. Own the end to end program management of complex details regarding streamlined driver on-boarding processes throughout the country. How to make the situation faster, simpler and efficient?
· Liaise across multiple agencies and stakeholders. Link in with other EU Business Developement Managers and Operational Improvement Managers to maintain parity across EU.
Based in Amsterdam
· A completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
· Dutch and English fluency is required.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication and diplomatic skills.
· Significant previous experience in grass root operations, not necessarily logistics, with a hands on approach
· Established leadership or supplier management roles within the last 5 years
· Proven record of handling multiple projects and working to tight deadlines
· Ability to deal with fast moving, ambiguous topics and distil complex problems into simple solutions
· MS Office
· Requires to travel around the country
· Masters qualification
· Fluency in other EU languages
· Previous experience working in EU