Excited to grow your career?
In ING we value our talented employees and strive to help our employees before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference to our success!
For our Global KYC Screening Pillar we are looking for a Name Screening Lead.
Compliance with (international) client transparency regulations, such as Financial Economic Crime (FEC/AML) is essential for ING to continue offering products to its clients. One of the enablers of ING’s Think Forward strategy is Operational Excellence. Streamlining our expertise, processes and tools will have a massive impact on the quality of client services that we’re able to offer and will greatly improve our customer experience as well as the time-to-market of new solutions. The Name Screening Lead will play a vital role to ensure compliance with these regulations in an effective and efficient way by, among others, concentrating the required knowledge and experience and using one integrated control model, planning and robust tooling.
The Name Screening Lead will form part of the Global KYC Screening Pillar organisation. The main responsibility of this first line team is to provide the ING business and functions with guidance and standardized methodologies and controls. The team identifies FEC related risks, emerging trends, typologies and threats and maintains ING’s global policy guidance, risk assessment methodology, customer control framework and requirements for Operations & IT. Furthermore the team is responsible for analyzing the operational impact of screening lists (sanctions, PEP lists and keywords) and the design and testing of mitigating measures and the delivery of expert accreditation of ING’s screening software.
Your main tasks:
The Name Screening lead manages the central team that is E2E responsible for delivering and maintaining the target Name Screening practice and ensuring an E2E integrated Screening TOM. As an expert lead he/she is responsible for the development of craftsmanship (how a job should be done), for setting the standards for the expertise area and for developing, innovating and safeguarding knowledge in the field of expertise.
Key elements of the role include:
- Take E2E process ownership for the Screening process.
- Support the Screening Pillar Lead in the creation and delivery of a vision and strategy for the Global Screening organization.
- Take ownership for translating ING’s KYC policy and risk appetite into operational processes, system design and configuration, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by design.
- Responsible for defining and delivering the target structural solution for Name Screening.
- Coordinate effort with other E2E leads under the Screening Pillar to ensure integration of the overall Screening solutions.
- Develop continuous improvement plans on effectiveness and efficiency of the Name Screening practice.
- Ensure filter configurations and upgrades are managed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advise key stakeholders and global projects/programmes from a Subject Matter Expert perspective.
- Manage audits and regulatory inspections relating to Name Screening.
- Ensure timely completion of risk assessments and controls testing for Name Screening.
- Maintain oversight of 1st Line Alert handling operations, including Quality Assurance.
- Drive operational governance including SLAs, KPIs and KRIs and ensure that operational quality meets the required standards.
- Maintain robust communication channels with key stakeholders and escalate significant risks, issues and dependencies in a timely manner.
Knowledge and experience:
- Academic degree and preferably a recognized accreditation or certification in AML, FEC, ESR or related expertise areas.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the global financial services industry with demonstrable success in delivering large scale change programs and screening solution implementations, preferably with large global financial institutions.
- Deep knowledge of screening and relevant track record of working in the area of KYC and thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Clear understanding of key regulations such as AML, ABC, FEC, ESR, FATCA, CRS, etc. and their respective effects on the operational landscape of KYC and Screening, including the interaction with the 2nd line.
- Proven track record in AML/CFT domain including having held previous managerial positions steering large scale operations programs in particular.
- Thorough understanding of the entire life cycle of a customer within a financial institution.
- Thorough understanding of tooling in screening. Prior experience working with Fircosoft or RDC screening infrastructure is preferred.
- Profound knowledge of the screening domain, it's key stakeholders and regulations.
- Experience with balancing customer, 1st and 2nd line interests.
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels within the organization.
- Build bridges by nature and be able to span between different levels, different people and different cultures.
- Proactive, can-do, no-surprises and positive mind-set. Overall have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate.
- Strong organizational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organization with multiple functional lines and one hierarchical line and deal with multiple, and potentially conflicting, interests.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
What we offer:
- Join a highly motivated team of professionals with international exposure. Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, which is rapidly changing on the back of changing client needs, regulatory requirements and funding constraints.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Apply today by clicking the button below!
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist