LINGUISTIC SPECIALIST JAPANESE (LANGUAGE LEAD)
Based in the Netherlands (Maastricht) or the US (Minneapolis)CAREERS THAT CHANGES LIVES
The Medtronic Translations department is dedicated to being Medtronic’s natural choice to localize Medtronic’s product/therapy documentation and software, as well as Medtronic marketing and corporate documentation in the language of our customers. Our goal is to increase the access of patients to our products and therapies.
In the commitment to giving excellent and professional service to the client and maintaining a good partnership with our internal clients, we have a team and processes in place that are optimized for flexibility, stretched capacities and great responsiveness.
To complete the Linguistic team, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Linguistic Specialist to strengthen our team in Maastricht/Minneapolis.DAY IN LIFE
We offer you an exciting job in which you deliver translations that are correct, consistent and understandable and ensure that Medtronic localization processes are efficient, cost-effective and safe.
One part of your job consists of identifying and proposing solutions to challenges faced by your language group and participating in continuous improvements, e.g. report inefficiencies in translation tools and/or processes. This also includes maintaining an effective pool of freelance translators and revisers, work on translation memory maintenance and terminology management. You work closely with and share knowledge amongst other team members to provide efficient, effective and uninterrupted translation services to internal clients.
On the other hand, you will be working on translation and/or revision tasks assigned to you by the project managers of our department, via our propriety Translation management tool. MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Translate, Revise and Proofread complex technical documents and software applications, Market-ing and Educational texts, Clinical and Regulatory reports
• Translation memory maintenance
• Maintain an effective pool of freelancer translators and revisors
o Selecting new freelance translators and revisors for your language group
o Evaluate test translations by Freelance candidates
o Provide feedback on the effectiveness of current Freelancers
• Identify and propose solutions to challenges faced by your language group
• Participate in continuous improvement
o Report and assist in the solution of inefficiencies in the translation tools and/or processes and propose improvements
o Work on improvement projects
o Stay up to date on trends and technology in the localization field
• Stay up to date on Medtronic products and therapies
• Terminology management
• Work closely with and share knowledge amongst other team members to provide efficient, effec-tive, and uninterrupted translation service to all internal clientsMUST HAVES
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant experience with an advanced degree
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated project management skills and experienceCOMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Ability to write in, and translate into, the language specified for this position, on a native speaker level, with technical writing proficiency
• Near native fluency in English. Must be able to understand complex technical sentences and con-cepts in English
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn and interest in learning new software
• Highly developed sense of ownership and accountability
• Advanced understanding and working knowledge of CAT tools and processes for the translation of both documentation and software
• Experienced in multi-tasking, prioritization, and planning
• Ability to work under deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
NICE TO HAVES
• Additional languages are always a plusYOUR MOVE
Is this the position you are waiting for? Don't hesitate and send us your cv and cover letter by using the apply button.ABOUT MEDTRONIC
As a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions, Medtronic improves the health and lives of millions of people each year. We believe our deep clinical, therapeutic and economic expertise can help address the complex challenges - such as rising costs, aging populations and the burden of chronic disease - faced by families and healthcare systems today. But no one can do it alone. That’s why we’re committed to partnering in new ways and developing powerful solutions that deliver better patient outcomes.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 2,000 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Posting Date: Nov 10, 2020
- Travel: No