Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to lead scalable data engineering solutions using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access?
Amazon's Finance Tech team needs a Technical Program Manager to shape the future of the Amazon finance data platform by working with stakeholders in North America, Asia and Europe. The team is committed to building the next generation big data platform that will be one of the world's largest finance data warehouses by volume to support Amazon's rapidly growing and dynamic businesses, and use it to deliver the BI applications which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. Members of the team are challenged to innovate using the latest big data techniques.
We are looking for a passionate Technical Program Manager who has demonstrated the ability to deliver cross-functional projects in a fast-paced ambiguous environment. In this role, you will be responsible for owning the delivery of innovative, business critical, high volume data and reporting solutions that support the business processes of the Amazon's Finance Organization.
You’ll partner closely with geographically dispersed business, product and engineering teams throughout Amazon to define and execute against our roadmap. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and exploring business insights.
· Interface with tax, finance and accounting customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
· Collaborate with Finance Analysts to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Develop reporting documents to communicate project status to drive and elevate decision making among Senior Leadership.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
· Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
· Be a facilitator of standardized structure, procedures and ways of working that follow a common language for project and program delivery.
· Develop, evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure.
· Create, submit and track the relevant documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
· Lead critical tasks and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Project and program management experience for software engineering teams building scalable, distributed applications
· Experience with Big Data Systems (Hadoop / Map Reduce / HDFS / Pig)
· Experience with one of the business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE / Tableau / etc.)
· Excellent knowledge of SQL (ANSI / Spark / Hive / etc.)
· Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data engineering, data structures, algorithms, and software design
· Experience defining, prioritizing and executing a clear roadmap in an agile environment
· Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to drive consensus
· Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
· Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel and Project Management Tools
· University Degree, Master in Engineering (or science/technology) +MBA
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Exposure to very large databases, with a mix of software and data engineering.
· Understanding of Big Data technologies and solutions in AWS.
· Background in financial applications
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
· Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success