Wittenborg University OAS, one of the most international private universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands offers education to around 600 students with more than 80 different nationalities in Apeldoorn, Amsterdam and Vienna. Number of students have been rising steadily since 2010 when Wittenborg moved to Apeldoorn. With ambition of developing into a broad institute, we offer great potential for a long term employment relationship.
Currently, Wittenborg offers Bachelor and Master programmes, as well as developing new programmes in all 5 schools: School of Business, School of Hospitality & Tourism, School of Arts & Technology, School of Sport & Health, and School of Education. Wittenborg is determined to provide cross-discipline & applied-science education to assure its graduates are more suited for the future job market within an international context.
This position is a combination of two positions. First part is to provide textbooks to all students under the Wittenborg book lending service. Second part is to provide academic books from the academic library to students. 3 to 4 days per week of small hours of presence are required. Books administration, ordering, unpacking of newly ordered books and facing students who need books are to be expected. There will be some lifting tasks since the library situates in the first floor, however all heavy lifting can be avoided and there is a lift in the building.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Registration: books that have been ordered, handed out, lend out are to be registered in database;
- Library stock: providing information on book stock for management to decide on purchase of new books and replace of old ones;
- Communication: communicate to students and staff about books, library services etc. in a friendly manner;
Position in the organization: Directly under Purchase Manager and part of Education Operations Team
Which qualities are required from your end?
- Can work with database & follow systematic working procedure to register books;
- Can communicate in English in a friendly way;
- Work in an accurate and systematic way;
- Independence with a sense of responsibility & stress resilience;
- Hands-on mentality - be flexible;
What does Wittenborg offer?
- Indication of Fulltime gross salary is between €1700.- & €2300.-;
- A truly international environment with focus on personal development;
- Never-boring, changing & improving family-like organization with flat organizational structure;
Become a candidate and please email your CV and a cover letter to the HR Officer Mrs. Sanne de Jong(– Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –).
Reference number: BAL_17_SJ Closing date: 10/12/2017