Do you dream of being a pioneer and design the user experience for electric driving of the future? Do you want to create elegant, beautiful digital products for an emerging market? Then the role of User Interface Designer might be the job for you!
WE ARE NEWMOTION
We are Europe’s largest electric charging partner. We are on a mission to enable everybody to drive as many kilometres as possible powered by clean energy. We do that by offering large scale smart charging solutions to the masses. We contribute to a low-carbon world by making EV charging easy, accessible and smart, with the best expertise, highest quality & service.
WHAT YOU’LL BE IN CHARGE OF
NewMotion is looking for a talented User Interface designer with strong visual design skills. Your main focus is creating beautiful user experiences for web and mobile.
We are looking for someone that is able to define and provide an outstanding visual design language that is on par with modern web applications. You are familiar with product design pioneers like Stripe, Atlassian and SquareSpace, but probably you have your own heroes that achieve great design. You are able to cover every little detail of design, convince stakeholders and make sure quality is achieved.
Together with the product owners, developers and UX designers you will define and elaborate on the user journey and you will work out detailed UI designs. You understand the project requirements and are able to translate these into beautiful, elegant solutions.
You are able to support development during the implementation process and know how to speak their language. You will focus on interaction design details and provide visual design resources & specifications.
You are self-motivated, who is eager and used to collaborating with product owners, UX designers and developers. We believe good design is achieved through collaboration and validation.
We offer a fun environment in a modern office, with a motivated international team. You will have freedom to explore different directions, advise UX designers and product management, make your own decisions and develop yourself professionally.
THIS IS HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- You will work on detailed visual designs for our digital products.
- You will be analysing user journeys in detail and crafting world-class interaction experiences that are a joy to use.
- You will collaborate with user experience designers, product owners and developers to ensure that output is consistent and delivers to the users needs.
- Together with the development department you will modernise our platforms to make sure it is up to date with the latest standards, visual design trends and make sure our platforms have an outstanding quality.
- You will be delivering assets to the development team, like illustrations, iconography and specifications.
- Work together with development on a design system and standardisation to make sure components are reusable cross-product.
- Work on future vision of our platforms and tools. Being able to analyse the current state of our platforms and be able to provide suggestions to improve these visually, from short term but also with the company vision in mind.
- You are organised and self-starting. Able to make your design artifacts sharable, provide documentation and make sure your files are findable and understandable.
THIS IS WHO YOU ARE
- 1-3 years of work experience in a similar position, like digital design, interaction design or web design
- Proven expertise in UI design for web applications as well as mobile app design. Creating beautiful, elegant and cutting edge visual designs for all platforms.
- Proficient with design tools, like Sketch app, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma or the like. Preference for Figma.
- Ability to understand and improve upon our branding guidelines and translate these in your user interface designs.
- You have experience with Design System methodologies, that enables us to standardize and unify a common visual language for our platforms. Ideally you take ownership of our design system and push this forward.
- Experience in motion design & animation. Ability to work with animation tools like Framer, Principle or After Effects. Making sure those motion graphics, animations and transitions are implementable by development.
- Experience with creating illustrations, graphics, iconography and other collateral. You are familiar with vector graphics and the power of .svg for web.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum, kanban or any other Agile flavour) and how to apply the right design process within these methodologies.
- Ability to present and communicate proficiently in English. Communicating in Dutch is a plus.
- Background in media and design studies; Preferably Bachelor or Master degree. Examples are Digital Media Design, Design for Interaction, Communication & Multimedia Design.
- Familiar with web and accessibility standards, design principles like Material Design and Human Interface Guidelines from Apple. .
BECOME PART OF THE CHANGE
Working at NewMotion means working in a fun, fast-growing international company with big ambitions.
By joining us, you will:
- Contribute to a more sustainable future;
- Become an expert in e-mobility;
- Work in an open and transparent culture with colleagues from all over the world;
- Receive a competitive salary that fits your experience + bonus;
- Receive a MacBook;
- Enjoy daily healthy lunches, prepared by our master chefs;
- Develop your skills and expertise through several trainings. Besides this, you will receive a personal training budget and set your annual goals with your personal development plan;
- Enjoy our fun weekly get-togethers (drinks), our annual winter and summer outing, NewMotion running team on the Dam tot Damloop, or any other event initiated by colleagues!
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist