Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations.OUR PURPOSE
At our Supplier Quality department in Medtronic, plc, we partner with Medtronic’s suppliers deliver our customers in Medtronic the highest quality and most reliable products within the CVG organization.
The Senior Supplier Quality role works with external suppliers and a in a cross-functional Medtronic team on a daily basis to resolve supplier related issues, driving continuous improvement initiatives, in addition to owning key quality metrics across the Kerkrade, Netherlands site.
Come for a job, stay for a career!A DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
Responsibilities may include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Site Supplier Quality lead, working closely with suppliers to drive continuous improvement and robust corrective actions through problem solving techniques at supplier to prevent recurrence of issues, and ultimately deliver high-quality products and services to customers
- Qualification of new/alternate suppliers according to company standards
- Delivering cost-down projects through supplier-owned quality and certification of products – based on risk and performance
- Stakeholder management - communicate with management and business unit teams on a regular basis on supplier performance, responding to performance issues based on supplier monitoring based on triggering criteria
- Leading and implementing continuous improvement initiatives within the supplier quality domain
- Support in the review of supplier changes, coordinating activities with suppliers and with internal cross-functional support teams to develop and implement appropriate strategies to qualify and support the change
- Support introduction of new products and components to support manufacturing strategy
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place at supplier, based on risk associated with product or service
- Execution of supplier audits to approved auditing schedule to ensure designated suppliers are audited against Quality System requirements and ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) are met
- Define Receiving Inspection requirements as required and associated test method validation for all internal Medtronic Test Methods.
- Management of supplier controls, including Product Acceptance Sampling Strategy, Approved Supplier List coordination, Supplier Owned Quality deployment, and Control Plans for new products.
- Provide technical guidance/mentoring to more junior staff within the Supplier Quality department to achieve goals
- Support Receiving Inspection in resolving supplier issues
- Integration with extended site Quality and cross-fuctional departments to deliver projects and meet defined goals
Nice to Have
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science or technical field)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or less with an advanced degree
- You are a dynamic team player, can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams with good communication and technical writing skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines including ISO 13485/9001 requirements is an advantage
- Previous experience in management of supply base
- ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Certification
As a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions, Medtronic improves the health and lives of millions of people each year. We believe our deep clinical, therapeutic and economic expertise can help address the complex challenges - such as rising costs, aging populations and the burden of chronic disease - faced by families and healthcare systems today. But no one can do it alone. That’s why we’re committed to partnering in new ways and developing powerful solutions that deliver better patient outcomes.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 2,000 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
- Posting Date: Dec 15, 2020
- Travel: Yes, < 25 % of the Time
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist