Senior Software Developer - Core Infrastructure - Developer Experience(NodeJS)
Back to search results
Previous jobNext job
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. We are responsible for accommodation growth, with clear ownership of all marketing, product and supply related to accommodations. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
Booking.com is going through exciting steps of creating universally consumable, easily configurable, ready from day 1 developer experience. We want to create world-class tools for developers which will allow them to spending minimum time fighting databases, configurations and having healthy code in their environment no matter is it VM, Container or bare metal.
This ambitious goal can not be done in one day, but great news are that we have a critical mass of people, who want to pilot a change, who have knowledge of how the systems work and we are hiring more and more people, who can steer development experience at Booking.com into proven techniques they saw working in the past in another tech giants.
Technologies we use: git & gitlab, artifactory, kubernetes & shipper (Check out our github account), bazel-like CI, in-house canary analysis system, automatic deployments system, in-house packaging system pakket(Check out our github account), manifests and distributions system to operate in monolith, CLI and web tools to support whole Java and Perl development for whole tech org of 2,5k people.
As a part of the Developer Experience track in Core Infrastructure, you will shape the way we do NodeJS development at Booking.com by:
- Providing NodeJS support at the enterprise level for Booking Kubernetes Services (BKS). You will work with the community establishing a set of guidelines and guardrails on how one can get their best development experience in the NodeJS environment at Booking.
- Proposing and supporting foundational frameworks for developers to use when authoring NodeJS applications.
- Authoring NPM Core Infra libraries -- creating new ones and supporting other infra teams to build their own.
- Curating 3rd party libraries at our npm repository.
- Coming up and owning NodeJS code strategy e.g. monorepo for packages and applications.
- Figuring out SRE support, extra responsibilities in other teams.
- Providing NodeJS training (incorporating Java Experience team lessons - they will sit right next to you).
- Developing Code as Product capabilities (Build, Test, Release)
- Consulting on Perl / NodeJS interoperation for page rendering in Frontend-facing products.
- Owning the bk command-line tool.
- An experienced person working on products that impact a large user base or in an entrepreneurial startup environment.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc. We look for people who are able to work with internal customers (developers) measuring engagement with the tooling we implement.
- Self-starters with a collaborative, “can-do” attitude.
- Quick delivery of end-to-end solutions to validate ideas and produce quality products
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with NodeJS in a production environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with TypeScript + GraphQL
- Experience working with Bazel is a plus
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux environment.
- Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build great end-to-end customer experience.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist