Energy Global is a service provider for suppliers and large industry in the energy market. We offer a variety of services surrounding portfolio management, mainly focused on sourcing. Our customers come to us for knowledge and information as additions to their internal knowledge and processes.
We are a knowledge-driven organisation, which works on issues our customers face in small groups. We are looking to expand our organisation and are trying to find new colleagues to come and join us.
Software engineer (40 uur)
As software engineer you are responsible for development, maintenance and improvement of the applications we use for our services. These applications are both used within our organisation and by our customers. You’ll usually be working on multiple projects and are asked to contribute to as many areas in the development process as possible. Because of the fast pace in the energy market, we are continually developing new tools to keep up with current market standards.
Examples of tasks you will be completing:
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve it’s performance.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
Qualifications and skills:
- Relevant bachelor level work experience/education.
- You are able to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of: PHP, MySQL, Tomcat
- A competitive salary (based on experience en education level).
- Continuous development of your knowledge and skill set.
- An informal and quality driven work environment.