Software Developer - Account Security
Back to search results
Previous jobNext job
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Do you want to learn & influence how we protect and secure accounts at a large scale at Booking.com? Are you interested in helping build the next generation of machine learning capabilities to detect, prevent & remediate credential stuffing, fake accounts and phishing related attacks? Do you want to build, own and deploy scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems?
Booking.com’s Account Security area is seeking a passionate developer who wants to protect the world's largest travel platform against attacks to its account & authorisation system. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of all our customers, partners, and employees.
The Account Security organisation makes security effortless for our different authentication & authorisation platforms. As part of this team, you will be performing security engineering, building advanced and smart detective and preventive controls, developing systems to automate, remediate and advise product and infrastructure teams on how to keep our accounts ecosystem safe.
As a Software Developer, you are responsible for the development, performance, and scaling of our systems. You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team.
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
- Represent Booking.com values, both within the company and in the external community
- Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across our multiple data centers
- Advocate for a collaborative working environment – turn “my ideas” into “our ideas”
- Solve issues with on-site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Apply good engineering and security practices for the systems you build
- Knowledge of automated software testing, continuous deployment, release management.
- Information Security knowledge and more specifically knowledge of CIAM - cloud identity management experience
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
We are looking for driven Developers who enjoy solving problems, who initiate solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- 4+ years Perl/Java software development experience
- Experience with frameworks such as; Spring, DropWizard or JEE is preferred
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting Java services is a nice to have
- Experience with other languages like Go, Python, Closure etc is a plus
- Experience working with Distributed Service Oriented Architecture patterns
- Demonstrable experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Experience with design, development, testing, and monitoring of large-scale and data-intensive systems is a good addition
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Experience working with and knowledge of Account Security domain and associated problems like Credential Stuffing, Fake Accounts, Accounts Takeover is a plus
- Experience developing cloud based fraud prevention and authentication applications
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist