The responsibility and purpose of the Facilities
& Building Manager (FBM) is managing all
aspects of the (monumental) building and
facilities within the BSA. This includes managing
the facilities team(s), providing (solicited and
unsolicited) value-added advice and analyses to
management, taking the lead in building related
projects, ensure Health & Safety compliance
and supporting the organisation on facilities
and building related needs and requests. For the
short term the FBM will play a key managing
and coordinating role in the move and transition
to the new building and setting up the effective
The FBM will report to and work very closely
with the Manager of Operations. In the first
year close cooperation with the interim Project
Director Havenstraat Development is required.
The role of FBM is a new one in the BSA. This
new role will assume responsibility of the
management and the planning of such a complex
new but monumental building and its premises.
This role will be key in the school’s strategy of
being a world class international school.
• The proper and safe functioning of
the school’s buildings, installations and grounds.
• Ensuring a safe and secure environment
for all children, staff and visitors;
• Planning & Carrying out maintenance &
• Keeping, improving and maintaining the school’s
facilities and maintenance procedures;
• Coordinating logistic flows in the building;
• Managing quality, execution and progress of
external suppliers’ contracts and service agreements.
• Ensuring that the school’s facilities are
functioning according to the school’s
international and domestic quality standards,
regulations, and needs. Including, but not limited
to matters of:
• Energy & Utilities;
• Waste management.
• Enforcing the functioning of Health & Safety,
security and environmental standards in place.
• Compliance to regulations and policies;
• Implementing changing regulation;
• Guiding and/or initiating inspections & audits;
• Emergency and Evacuation policies (BHV).
•Creating and Controlling the yearly F&B budget
and maintenance plans;
•Leading, guiding, supervising and developing the
• Facilities desk / team;
• The move project team (until the move);
• School keepers;
• BHV teams