AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Global Process and Delivery Leader - Purchase To Pay
For our AkzoNobel Global Business Services (GBS) team we are seeking to recruit a senior skilled professional with highly collaborative working style for the senior role of Global Process and Delivery Leader (GPDL) – Purchase To Pay (PTP). In this key role you will be responsible to transition, build and lead the operational teams across the globe, drive process excellence, transformation and automation in order to enhance business value and improve business outcomes (cost reduction, higher process compliance and performance). You will work with your process team to drive the system developments and innovations, to develop a roadmap based on justification and prioritization of initiatives which help to deliver the end-to-end ambition of Purchase To Pay process to move towards top quartile market performance. This is a global role, responsible for all Purchase To Pay processes around the 5 GBS centers, with influence into the end to end process of Source To Pay.
You will be based at the AkzoNobel headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You would report directly to the Head of Global Business Services (GBS).
Function related activities/key responsibilities
• You lead the design and deployment of transformation initiatives, in alignment with stakeholders;
• You coach transition team to move activities to internal/external SSC as per global design;
• You act as liaison across functional peers, drive cross-functional objectives for end-to-end optimization of the process in order to realize the strategy;
• You justify and prioritize initiatives based on strategy and ambition. You formulate project plans including deliverables, planning and budget;
• You are the owner of the Purchase To Pay process design and system solutions (based on the PTP design);
• You ensure end-to-end integration of all elements of the process, functional ownership via policies, procedures, master data, controls, organizational structures and KPI’s;
• You translate Purchase To Pay process ambitions into tangible performance and business targets;
• You lead and grow an efficient Purchase To Pay process team, including development, integration, testing and deployment of further automation and process improvements;
• You lead and coach the Purchase To Pay team members in their personal development and ensure career growth is possible within, and beyond the department and company disciplines;
• You ensure a healthy and robust internal control and risk mindset, and ensure that controls are delivered, and relevant policies are compiled to;
• You promote process excellence by driving cross functional awareness (incl. training) around End-to-End Purchase To Pay processes;
• You drive process standardization and improvement;
• You encourage team to close deviations and monitor all change requests are prepared, reviewed, and submitted. You approve deviation logs including classification;
• You are a key contributor to the Global Process governance board;
• You sign-off updates/changes in relation to the Global Process Definition (“GPD”), Training Materials, and Work Flows;
• You drive trainings in relation to the global standards and methodologies;
• You align performance targets, roadblocks, road map etc. with senior leadership team;
• You have Master degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience;
• You have a minimum of 10-15 years’ managerial Business experience with 5+ years’ experience in Purchase To Pay or related management function;
• You have experience in working and leading in rapidly changing environments;
• You have previous experience in managing people and GBS operations;
• You have experience in interfacing with business operational customers in defining Purchase To Pay service requirements;
• You have extensive experience in Purchase To Pay process improvement and root cause analysis;
• You have experience in a senior reporting & accounting or business control role at Business Unit level or Shared Service Center (GBS), with exposure to relevant enabling technology and ERP systems;
• You have experience in Continuous improvement, six sigma preferred;
• You have excellence analytical and problem-solving skills;
• You have customer service mindset with excellent customer service skills;
• Your ability to build relationships across the organization and geographic regions is one of your strengths.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 4635