AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Bring your energy and ambition to one of our challenging Supply Chain Planning roles
Central to AkzoNobel’s global success is a sophisticated and fully-resourced Supply Chain Planning Center (SCP) at Sassenheim in The Netherlands. Home to more than 60 expert and highly educated Supply Chain Planners from 15+ nationalities, the SCP develops and implements best practice solutions for our Decorative Paints and Automotive & Specialty Coatings production sites across EMEA.
In recent years, the SCP team has significantly increased service levels and decreased inventory by embracing new ideas within a dynamic and forward-thinking environment. We are currently looking to raise standards even higher by adding capacity in the areas of Material Planning, Production Planning, PFR Planning and DRP Planning. This represents an outstanding opportunity for ambitious and proactive professionals who can work within our processes while bringing the ideas and energy that drive continuous improvement. If you’re excited by the prospect of developing your talent in this area as preparation for your next steps within AkzoNobel, we invite you to apply for one of the positions available as a
Supply Chain Planner
A range of expertise
Supply Chain Planner roles at AkzoNobel reflect the following key disciplines:
• Material Planning: you are involved in planning all raw materials and packaging, ensuring that the production plan can be executed. Through contact with procurement and suppliers you ensure that everything arrives on time and at the right location.
• Production Planning: you develop the factory plan, taking into account the factory capacity and capabilities as well as market demand.
• PFR Planning: working closely with suppliers you source products and materials that work optimally with AkzoNobel products and productions, such as tape, brushes, etc.
• DRP Planning: Working specifically with Automotive & Specialty Coatings you ensure the optimized distribution of products across a complex global market. This requires the experience to understand market demand and customer needs in order to best divide the production plan.
Typical activities will include:
• Creating and managing the plan to ensure availability of products matching the demand, while keeping in line with constraints and agreements made with stakeholders
• Liaise with all relevant stakeholders (such as procurement, manufacturing, demand, and logistics) to make sure the plan is aligned between all functions;
• Maintaining and improving related master data settings and other planning related parameters in order to get an optimized plan
Space to learn and grow within a fast-moving and informal environment
After starting in one of the four key disciplines you will have the freedom to develop your career in another discipline or even outside the central planning team. We will support you in achieving your professional goals wherever possible. All of this personal and professional development is enabled by a collaborative and informal environment in which everyone learns from each other. This spirit extends beyond the workplace to social events and shared travel as international colleagues become friends.
Become part of an outstanding company
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
• a competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays;
• participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan;
• travel expenses to and from work
• opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role
Are you the right fit?
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity you should be able to work with large amounts of data. You will also need to be able to keep your cool at the operational interface of supply, demand and capacity. Furthermore, you should have the interpersonal and language skills necessary to liaise constantly across the SCP and with your contacts at the assigned production plants. And, ideally, you have experience within the supply chain, either full time, as an intern, or as part of your study. With all this will come further personal attributes:
• Master’s degree in Supply Chain or Operations;
• Alternatively, you might have obtained your Master in a different subject, combined with a demonstrable motivation to work in the supply chain;
• The open-minded and flexible approach necessary to learn and succeed within our dynamic, multicultural environment;
• Excellent written and spoken English.
More information and how to apply
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers. Only online applications including resume, cover letter and grade list will be considered. If applicable, is essential that you have a visa that allows you to work in the Netherlands. If you have any questions, please contact Denise de Bock, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
We tend to give you feedback within maximum of 4 weeks. An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 3640