Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
About our team & what we do:
The Enterprise Technology Service Operations Management (ET SOM) team is accountable for the end to end operations of IT services that cross the Shell organisation. This is a new team as of 1st January 2017. This includes End User facing services such as Office 365, e-mail, and others and more infrastructure-focused services such as connectivity and Cloud platform operations. Within the IT function, the team is part of the IT Services & Operations group and is a growing team supporting Shell globally across geographies and time zones.
The ET SOM team has three technology-focused towers; End User Productivity, Foundation (or Application Hosting), and Connectivity & Access Management.
You will be responsible for working across ET SOM to address new initiatives and/or areas requiring additional focus and improvement. You will work closely with different stakeholders inside and outside of ET SOM, including technical specialists, architects, IT portfolio managers, Business IT representatives, and others.
You will have the following responsibilities (depending on your specific background and experience):
- Fulfil ET SOM Deployment manager role, transitioning remaining services from other areas of Shell IT Operations into the ET SOM team. Develop a repeatable process for this type of transition on an ongoing business as usual basis.
- Assist in initiatives for a implementing a variable costing method for new ET SOM services
- Lead the effort for analysis of existing controls and Risk Management practices and determine how to simplify and make more lean methods of control operations.
You'll have five (5) or more years of experience in integrated application and infrastructure operations & support, ideally working to improve those functions for the benefit of the users of the service.
- Application support, infrastructure support, IT user experience improvement
- Technical expertise in one or more areas such as cloud operations, User access management, encryption, network/telecoms, et al.
- Experience in collaborating to deliver through others
- Ability to deliver project in a structured approach, ideally with agile methodology experience
- Good stakeholder management.
- Building teams
- Big picture thinker
We passionately believe in creating a diverse and inclusive culture where you can thrive. Today’s talent is more diverse than ever before, because diversity and differences are seen as opportunities for innovation and enhancing Shell’s performance. We embed diversity and inclusion in our culture, for example through our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, full-time, Den Haag, Rijswijk, energy, petrochemical, IT services, infrastructure support, operations & support