Royal IHC is seeking a Webmaster to develop, maintain and optimise internet and intranet sites, as well as other digital platforms. Within this role, you will ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately, and test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices. Self-motivated and a positive thinker, you will act as the server administrator, as well as technical lead for web-based projects requiring external vendors.
Within this role, your duties will also include the following:
- maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting servers
- generating, revising and debugging web pages, fixing broken links or images
- optimising loading speeds and capacity, as well as updating website content and reviewing SEO
- monitoring and analysing site performance (eg traffic, conversions)
- executing web-related marketing projects, such as the creation of microsites, marketing automation landing pages, and remarketing/retargeting campaigns
- recommending and developing technology, tools, and best practices for optimal website performance, quality and visibility
- gathering requirements, design, code, and testing independently ¬– including testing for cross-platform compatibility
- ensuring site security by setting up firewalls and login pages
- addressing user complaints
- researching and implementing SEO recommendations (changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors)
- performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities and suggesting recommendations for organic SEO success
- tracking, reporting and analysing website analytics, PPC initiatives and campaigns.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the following:
- a BSc/BA in computer science, design or a related field
- a strong technical background
- experience with web application development in a business-critical environment – developing strong, usable websites and applications
- working knowledge of website management tools
- excellent troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- excellent communication and teamwork skills
- attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills
- experience with Sitecore, WordPress, SharePoint and Typo3 is advantageous
- a strong understanding of Google AdWords and Analytics, Yahoo/Bing and SEO/SEM
- experience with marketing automation systems is a plus
- a highly resourceful nature, with the ability to work and think independently and take direction.
Please note, only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Corporate Webmaster a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: https://www.technicus.nl/.
Are you interested in the position of Corporate Webmaster and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly by using the 'Apply' button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit https://www.technicus.nl/ call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.