The domain NXP IT Infrastructure is responsible for all NXP-IT internal infrastructure services (Enterprise computing, Connectivity and Telecom, Workplace and Collaboration) and IT-Innovation & Architecture within NXP IT. The manager of IT Infrastructure is reporting to the CIO of NXP.
Scope of work
In this role you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the technology architecture for tooling, monitoring & automation services.
- Lead infra architect
- Coordination with overall enterprise & infra strategy + roadmaps
- Adherence to enterprise architecture governance
- Escalations on any design issues
- Coach/mentor on IT architecture
- Resource planning
- Coach on general development
Vendors and suppliers
- Analyse technology + solution trends
- Discuss technology lifecycle management
- Analyse current technology shortcomings
- Analyse, design, review and/or approve solution designs during projects
- Supervise implementations of solutions during projects in accordance with design
- Analyse current service incidents/problems check for structural technology improvements
- Guard lifecycle management
- Verify if architecture meets service level requirements
Position within Organization
This role is part of the customer services & IT processes team. This team is part of the infrastructure IT organization.
The role has a matrix reporting line:
- The role reports directly to the team manager of customer services & IT processes.
- Functionally the role reports to the lead infrastructure architect.
- Define technology standards and future state for tooling, monitoring & automation services
- Creation and maintenance of reference architectures: design directives, standards, solution building blocks
- Creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps
- Research, cost-justify and drive technological improvements
- Liaise with enterprise architecture to assure overall fit & integration
Decision owner for architectural decisions for tooling, monitoring & automation services
- Identifying the decisions to be taken about the solution
- Ensuring the decisions are taken as well as possible by the decision-making authority
- Communicating the decisions and their impact to stakeholders.
Supervise design within projects and programs:
- Review and/or approve technical solutions – assurance of compliance with directives, standards and guidelines + assurance of fit-for-purpose
- Supervise that implementation is in accordance with design (hands-off)
Maintain design documentation:
- Maintenance of design documents within domain – assure completeness and integrity
- Bachelor’s/Master degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience in designing and deploying enterprise level monitoring and automation infrastructure
Proven experience/expert knowledge in the following:
- Monitoring technologies like Zabbix, Cisco Prime, SevOne, ThousandEyes
- IT operations analytics technologies like Splunk ITSI, Moogsoft etc.
- Event/alert management like ServiceNow event management
- Automation technologies like Ansible, SCCM
- General configuration management technologies like SCCM, Red Hat Satellite
- Knowledge of and experience with IT architecture methodologies and processes (e.g. TOGAF) and service management methods and processes (ITIL)
- Experience with outsourcing of IT services, RFP execution, vendor selection
- Proven track record in road mapping, technical architecture design, solution definition, project management/execution, change/risk management
- Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers
NXP Semiconductors N.V.
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions that leverage its leading RF, analogue, power management, interface, security and digital processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted unaudited revenue of $4.36 billion in 2012.
NXP has one of the strongest portfolios of high performance mixed signal solutions in the industry, ranging from high performing ICs in RF to Power & Lighting Solutions and applications for new markets (e.g., personal health, mobile audio). Combined with best-in-class design-in support, NXP enables innovative solutions, fully answering customers’ needs. The next generation of applications in the area of Industrial & Infrastructure will strongly benefit from the enhanced processing capabilities and technology NXP has to offer. NXP’s technology expertise enables delivery of innovative, easy to implement solutions that meet even the most demanding customers’ requirements.