AWS Cloud9 is a cloud-based integrated development environment (IDE) that lets you write, run, and debug code with just a browser. The Cloud9 Workspace Management team's mission is to provide secure, low latency, flexible compute for the Cloud9 IDE.
You'll work with us to implement high availability systems with clean APIs to provision and manage compute. We deploy and operate our software world-wide. We are a diverse team that values critical thinking and continuous learning from each other. Our work is fast paced, creative, challenging, and a lot of fun.
You will lead a team of incredible software engineers, and your experience, insight and guidance will help the team succeed. You are coaching your team to help each member advance in their careers and reach their potential within the team. Your strong technical ability, great communication skills and the ability to inspire your team will be key to running and growing a successful service. As a software development manager, you align with different stakeholders such as product management and other engineering teams. You meet timelines, communicate with dependencies, and enable your team to focus on building great software for developers.
We love to build and ship great software for our users. We have plenty of room to grow – it’s always day one!
If this sounds exciting to you, let us know! We would love to meet you!
Come join us and help make the AWS developer experience second to none.
· Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
· Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Communicate the right amount of information outwards and to the team (including status of development, quality, operations, and system performance).
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Build and manage a team of engineers: Recruit, hire, and coach technical staff
· Provide technical guidance to engineers and know when to include more experienced engineers
· A Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline. (if you don’t have a CS degree, that’s totally fine, but we’d love to see a cool project of yours in the application!)
· 5+ years experience in building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
· Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
· Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams
· Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
· Passionate about developer tooling and improving developer workflow
· Deep understanding of NodeJS and Java
· Deep understanding of AWS
· Knowledge and appreciation of web standards
· Critical about user experience design
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions