Do you like helping customer solving tough technical problems?
Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches?
As a Solutions Architect you will be supporting our customers build highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures.
As a trusted customer advocate, the SA helps organizations work with AWS Consulting Partners in adopting advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on premise workloads to the cloud. In this role, SAs will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS technologies for large customers, through cloud-native and global consulting partners & system integrators.
The ideal candidate should possess a breadth of technical knowledge as well as depth in one or two areas of interest. A successful candidate will exhibit a firm grasp of technical fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly. A “builder” mentality that loves to tinker with technology is an asset. The ideal candidate will also have deep experience in working with consulting & system integrators in both presales advisory and delivery capacity that will enable them to be strong advocates of AWS within the customer’s environment. They should be comfortable driving discussions with a wide range of customer personnel from enterprise architects to developers regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
· Owning the partner’s technical engagements with AWS customers.
· Working cross-organizationally with customers and partners to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS.
· Developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using AWS services.
· Drive evolution of the Amazon services and technologies.
· Contributing to the development of the technical community at large by authoring technical whitepapers, technical case studies, blog posts and public speaking.
· The right person will possess significant hands on implementation or consulting experience and demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
· The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer facing roles and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partner and customers.
· Experience working with end user or developer communities.
· 5+ years experience in infrastructure and network architecture, DevOps, or software engineering
· 3+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Enterprise systems
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 12+ years of related work experience
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
· Experience in positioning professional services to prospective customers
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Strong written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate