As a Project Manager in Logistics, you will work with business leads to define and manage business process and technology roadmaps, manage change and implement new ideas effectively within the Google culture. You will influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach. The PM provides functional subject matter expertise and anticipates customers needs. You will interface with partners within and outside of Google to gather and synthesize detailed, global business requirements, assess current and future business processes (As-Is and To-Be). The project manager will need to apply analytical skills to rationalize change, lead brainstorming sessions to gather requirements and help manage complex projects to major milestones.
As a warehouse logistics program manager you will support the high volumes of transactions in the Amsterdam warehouse operations. Support and resolve any discrepancies and aging orders that are taking extensive time to research. You will also support stabilizing the operation to upgrade the warehouse management system.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1) Be the on site at 3PL warehouse site and act as single point of contact to manage Amsterdam (Westpoort) Operations Exceptions & Operational Reporting
2) Weekly process management and metrics reporting
3) Work on longer term process improvements & documentation
1) Build business cases to support any logistics changes and improvements
2) Support the operation to upgrade the warehouse management system
- BA Degree in Computer Science and/or Project Management.
- 3 - 6 + years of experience in Warehouse operations with a strong fundamental knowledge of all warehouse operations. (This individual will be on the ground at our warehouse site)
- 3 + years of experience with Excel, Google Docs is a Plus
- 3 - 6+ years of experience in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making.
- 3 - 6+ years of experience with support high volume of transactions and resolving any discrepancies with inbound and outbound shipments
Nice to have skills:
- Results oriented as a logistics problem solver with speed, accuracy and completeness
- Experience leading 3rd party logistics partners to establish facts, solve complex problems, establish corrective action plans
- experience managing and monitoring metrics for KPI’s
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior management experience is a plus, but would consider more junior candidates if they have strong warehouse experience with degrees in Logistics or Supply Chain