Smarter working by streamlining processes and pushing technique evolution
You have a big love for automation. From code quality scans to automated deployment, you name it. You believe there’s always room for process improvement and finding new ways to push technique evolution. You just need to know how and that’s where you come in!
As DevOps Engineer, you have an eye for simplifying development cycles and how to improve its reliability. From developing new functionalities to quality testing, maintenance & release, you secure perfect alignment between the VodafoneZiggo customer website and applications. Always keeping the best possible customer journey in mind as your utmost priority.
This is how you do it
- Automate and innovate techniques e.g. test automation, deployment scenarios and CI/CD tools
- Support and inspire teams across the Digital Channels Tribe to improve knowledge development and sharing best practises
- Ensure good alignment between the several scrum teams, IT, partner ventures and security specialists
- Keeping our CI/CD and Docker platform continuously up to date by upgrading it regularly
- Safe guarding and driving incident management on operational level for the CI/CD tooling solution team.
The Digital department in Utrecht manages, designs and develops digital services for our customers, including ziggo.nl and vodafone.nl. In a very dynamic market where technology and customer needs are constantly changing, we only want the best for our customers.
As DevOps Engineer you will be part of our scrum teams, who are responsible for selling, maintaining products on ziggo.nl as well as vodafone.nl. Each of the multidisciplinary teams consist of eight professionals design, copy, data, customer experience, and A / B testing are things which we jump out of bed for every day. We challenge each other, help and improve where possible. Working hard every day for the very best result. For this you get a lot of freedom, responsibility and space to put your own ideas into practice. And our CoE DevOps gives you all the test support you need.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is a company of two strong Dutch companies who joined forces. Since January 2017, we have been a strong combination together in the Netherlands. As a communication provider we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed telephony and internet. With our products and services we inspire people, companies and society to make contact. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
With more than 8000 employees, we are full of energy, ambitious and socially involved. Proud of what we perform and with whom we do this. With plenty of room for everyone to develop and take advantage of opportunities
Where do you meet your colleagues? A few examples
- At the Digital quarterly meeting. We already sailed through the Amsterdam canals for example and visited the Bonnefanten Museum. And of course, the meetings always end with a snack and a drink.
- In the Ziggo Dome
- During a party with all colleagues from VodafoneZiggo. Or at a concert for which we regularly raffle tickets.
- In the classroom
- Connection with society is important to us. That is why a number of colleagues occasionally get into a classroom. We do this to familiarise students with the digital world. Awesome.
- In the centre of Utrecht
- For a drink or dinner near our new office. Almost on top of the Central Station of Utrecht. How accessible do you want it to be?
You have it in you
A grounded person who keeps calm during busy days and is able to reflect this on others. When there is some quick solution thinking necessary, you already have some options in mind and ready to share it with the team. You know how to provide guidance to others, not just because you have the knowledge available but also because it comes naturally to you.
In addition, you have:
- A proactive mind set and natural curiosity for new technologies
- Relevant professional experience with e.g. Software Engineering with a strong interest in scripting and coding
Tools and platforms:
- CI/CD and related tools: Bitbucket, Jenkins en SonarQube
- Containerization and Docker-platforms
- Re-integration of enterprise tools
- Cloud-platforms Like AWS and Terraform
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls.
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately
- If you want, you can work for us part-time
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more
You do it
Are you in? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Marcha Crompvoets (recruiter) at: 06-1184 6656 or send a message; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Pre-employment screening maakt onderdeel uit van de selectieprocedure.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist