The position of Sr. Financial Analyst
is a key member of the Leiden Supply Chain Finance Team of the Janssen Biologics BV entity. The manufacturing plant in Leiden is one of the largest plants in the global Manufacturing & Technical Operations (MTO) network of Janssen Supply Chain (JSC). Besides the existing plant to manufacture large molecule Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, recently a plant has become operational to manufacture Vaccines for among others COVID-19.
We are part of Johnson & Johnson, the largest and most broadly based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
You operate within a team of 4 Sr. Financial Analysts and report to the Sr. Finance Manager. You have close interaction with all business partners and local departments as well as with your peers at the other manufacturing sites across the world. You give financial support to the strategy of the businesses and to new investment decisions. You prepare forecasts, support business partners to execute within given targets and are actively involved in local and international finance optimization & standardization initiatives.Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: Daily financial support and business partnering for the total JSC site P&L as well as departmental expenses and headcount of assigned areas within JSC Leiden.
- Analyze, review and consolidation of quarterly results: preparation and review of budget versus actual analyses. Proactively investigate and explain variances. Challenge business assumptions, implement corrective actions and identify and implement Cost Improvement Projects.
- Responsibility for the financial closing procedures (in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines). Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial reporting requirements and submissions in financial systems.
- Engage business partners using fact-based data and advanced analytics to achieve mutually agreed business objectives. Educate business partners on financial issues and concepts, ranging from daily operations up to long term capital investments.
Prepare business cases and NPV analysis to support strategic decision making in close collaboration with project managers and communication to senior management. Support capital projects, network business development opportunities as well as new product introductions.
Coordinate and support the yearly Business Planning Process and periodic budget updates.
- Accountability for assigned elements of the business planning and forecasting cycle processes, including preparation of templates and detailed calculations, consolidation of input, challenge results and prepare management reporting.
- Actively cooperate with business partners during budget preparation, apply business knowledge on assumptions, identify cost savings and influence decision making. Understand linkages to strategic plan.
- Standard cost setting in cooperation with international finance, planning and manufacturing teams.
Active involvement or leading ad-hoc projects. Recommend and implement new insights to reduce current processes cycle time, identify non-value-added activities and use technology. Crafts new innovative reports for business needs. Benchmark and implement standard methodologies within J&J network.
The position is located in Leiden, The Netherlands. Qualifications
- A university degree in Finance & Economics with 6 to 8 years of relevant business experience is preferred.
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and taking ownership. Great teammate with open communication, both verbally and in writing. Customer focused, build relations and considering needs of business partners.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills. Continuous improvement mentality. Ability to handle several tasks; also under time pressure, while sustaining a high accuracy of business results.
- Sound knowledge of SAP R/3 and MS-Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams).
- Proficiency in English is required; Dutch is a plus.
Janssen Biologics (7266)Job Function
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist