The Finance Officer is expected to manage the entire financial obligation process, which includes creating, modifying, and obligating fund accounts as well as and managing cross-project transfers. The Finance Officer is also expected to provide direct financial and operational support to the Senior Finance Analyst and other team members in the Finance and Accounting Unit with a focus on managing the project code creation and supporting the project closeout processes.The Finance Officer is responsible to monitor freight costs while processing and reviewing freight and commodity invoices, working with the Global Supply Chain and 4PL Services Divisions. Additionally, the Finance Officer is expected to assist in the development and preparation of financial reports as required.
- Manage the entire financial obligation process, which includes creating, modifying and obligating fund accounts as well as and managing cross-project transfers.
- Monitor freight costs by maintaining and updating the tracking system, conducting necessary follow-ups, resolving any discrepancies and communicating with all involved parties.
- Create freight confirmations and support the processing and payment of freight invoices which includes review of invoices to ensure accuracy and contractual compliance, provide supplemental data to support or contest questionable invoice costs, track payment status of outstanding invoices, and actively review freight invoices against the price quote estimate to flag any possible overspending.
- Manage billing packet documents per organizational, contractual, and donor requirements, ensuring all required invoices include proper source documents demonstrating proof of delivery.
- Ensure all transactions are correctly and timely posted and reported, working closely with the accounting team.
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies on both commodity and freight invoices in a timely manner and ensure prompt and secure payments to all vendors, working with all internal units and the Senior Finance Analyst on the reconciliation process.
- Coordinate organizational and project budget development and closely monitor spending against budget.
- Extract various data reports, monitor, and report cash receipts and expenditures by grants.
- Provide support to order closeout process.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses on invoices and payments and compile reports as requested.
- Assist with the production of financial reports, cash forecast, and conduct the appropriate financial analysis of revenues and expenditures for both internal and external clients.
- Establish and maintain a financial reporting system using business intelligence tool and other process improvements as needed, working closely with MIS Unit.
- Prepare and update standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and related supporting documents based on the Quality Systems Unit guidelines.
- Provide effective customer service to internal and external representatives in all areas of invoice processes.
- Assist with finance and administrative requests such as sharing of monthly reporting, assistance with missing documentation, and working locally with teams on specific requests.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related area, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' progressive complex accounting and financial management experience.
- Knowledge of relevant donor contractual and reporting regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (Costpoint, Deltek, or other ERP system) and advanced Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills; solution-oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a strong sense of customer service. English fluency required, including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading.
Complex accounting and financial management experience; reporting, big data, client communication
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Wat wij bieden
€ 1,- tot € 21,-